Fragments - For The A4 (iOS)

Update Out:

• Improved Song Randomization
2 Likes

Update Out:

• Bug Fix: when controlling the Pitch Bend with the horizontal slider, the value would not reset
2 Likes

Sorry for the n00b questions here, but just so I’m clear:

—I can connect my A4 to my iPad Pro and use this with a USB-C to USB-B cable?

—I could back and transfer presets between A4s?

Thanks.

1. Yes
  2. It’s more of a creative tool than a librarian…I don’t have access to the Presets or the File System, only the Current Kit…so you would have to load a Preset on the A4, hit “Get Kit” in the app, save that Kit in the app, then manually load each saved Kit from the app to the new A4 and save a preset on the A4…tedious
4 Likes

Thank you. Still, it sounds like it would be ok for moving a few presets between machines in a pinch…

Update (1.5):

• iOS 9.0 and higher are now supported
  • Minor UI Enhancements
3 Likes

Update (1.6):

• Fixed a crash that would occur when changing the Oscillator Types
1 Like

OS 1.50:

• Will revisit the app and fix any issues after I am done with Collider (Rytm)
1 Like

Update 1.8:

• Added support for the new iPad Air resolution
  • Fixed a bug with Send Kit / Get Kit
7 Likes

Update 1.9:

• Improved “Pads” Sound Type
3 Likes

thanks! unfortunately there was an update right after. 1.51
I tried but it doesn’t work
Thanks anyway, will wait for the next one!

It works fine here and I have emails from other users that it works as well. How are you connecting the iPad to your A4? There should be no difference in the MIDI / Sysex implementation between 1.50 and 1.51.

I just upgraded to Big Sur last week, and noticed that their Live Routings option under Audio MIDI Setup is broken. I had to purchase an app called MIDI Router to route MIDI / Sysex from the iPad to / from the hardware. Since Ableton doesn’t transfer sysex properly either, this is the only way I have gotten things to work while going through macOS :[

1 Like

Not sure how to get this working. I made all the settings in the help menu, but nothing happens.

How are you connecting your iPad? Directly to the hardware or through a computer?

1 Like

Directly via the Elektron usb cable and a simple usb-c adapter

And in the upper left MIDI menu, does the A4 appear? Do you have its ports selected?

1 Like

It only says Network on both sides

If it doesn’t show up even after hitting Refresh Interfaces, then the iPad doesn’t see your A4…Is your A4 In USB MIDI mode (SYSTEM - USB CONFIG)?

1 Like

Yes, I had switched it back from Overbridge to midi

Not sure what usb-c adapter you are using. I have a direct connection working just now with apple’s camera kit directly to the A4. Do any other iPad MIDI apps recognize your A4’s ports?

1 Like