Fragments - For The A4 (iOS)

Just a simple connector adapter:

Syntech USB C to USB Adapter Pack of 2 USB C Male to USB3 Female Adapter Compatible with iMac 2021 iPad Pro 2021 MacBook Pro 2020 MacBook Air 2020 and Other Type C or Thunderbolt 3 Devices Space Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CVX3516/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XAFZBSVSBJNGJ5QNE3V4

Should work, I guess. The first step is having any iPad app see your A4’s ports. Try rebooting the A4 / testing other apps etc…Are you in “USB MIDI” or “USB AUDIO / MIDI” mode?

1 Like

I tried both modes with no luck. I’ll try rebooting everything later tonight.

If you switch Modes, remember to refresh the Interfaces in the app.

1. I noticed that in USB AUDIO / MIDI mode, the A4 reports it’s ports name as a blank string…I had to click below “Network” in the app to select the “ghost” port. This is a bug on my part and will be fixed.

2. USB MIDI works fine here and the ports show up in both tables

3. Again, the first step would be getting ANY iPad app to see the A4 ports. Until that happens, nothing will work. This might indicate an issue with your USB adapter. I’ve only used Apple’s official connection kits.

1 Like

What other alls do you recommend to test the connection (preferably free)?

I just downloaded MIDI Wrench and it shows my A4

Edit: I also noticed that sometimes the A4 would not send out it’s port information until a reboot. This happened with the random MIDI Wrench app as well.

1 Like

Got it now! I had to click in the blank space. It doesn’t list the A4

THANK YOU!

2 Likes

That’s my fault I just realized, it will be fixed in the next update :[

1 Like

Update 2.0:

• Added Mono Sound Type
  • Added Sound Settings Parameters
  • Added Poly Config Parameters
  • Added Bipolar toggle to Velocity Modulations
  • Added Performance Controls and Randomization
  • Bug Fixes
5 Likes

Update 2.1:

• Added Performance Randomization Options
  • Performance Amount and Bipolar Toggle now obey the ALL PERFS toggle
  • Minor Bug Fixes
3 Likes

Fragments is such a great tool for generating sound/kit ideas. This, along with Collider for RYTM, helps me move more quickly to the heart of composition. Thanks for continuing to update these. BTW: I also have Manifold, but haven’t yet dug into it. I’m sure it is also useful.

One question: In Fragments, when generating Kits, are the sounds also generated or are they pulled from factory sounds?

1 Like

Everything is generated by the app using various heuristics and intelligent randomization. I don’t have access to the Presets / Sounds stored on the hardware

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, Just wanted to clarify. Great work!

1 Like

Update 2.2:

• Added Parameter Popup which displays the Name / Value of the changed Parameter
  • Changed the minimum OS requirement to iOS10
3 Likes

Does this work just with OS 1.4, or OS 1.4 and above?

1.40 is the minimum OS…I’m currently using it on 1.51

2 Likes

thanks!

Does it work with analog keys?
os 1.50A

1 Like

Well i bought it and it actually does.
Is there any way of prevent it from keep sending and saving the kit real time.
I just want to experiment without loosing my pre-saved kits…
Another thing would be good to see in which kit I am and the name of the sounds…

The app uses CC and sysex to modify the Current Kit buffer, it doesn’t access or affect Kits saved on the A4.

2 Likes