Fragments - For The A4 (iOS)

iPad only? No iPhone? I want to try it!

1 Like

New beta should be out, will release it after this one. There is no iPhone version because the UI would be too crammed. I have tried in the past to adapt my iPad apps to iPhone and it never felt right ;[

3 Likes

Thanks for the hard work and this app. I have a MK1 and OS 1.36b - No functionality at all!
Though, I might just be setting it up incorrectly.

Forget that last post - I just refreshed the app, went to the MIDI option and saw the Elektron Analog Four were both ghosted. Now works perfectly once I highlighted the units in each box. Thanks

1 Like

I haven’t done really extensive testing so far, but it seems to work with the iPad routed through macOS via the Mac app (Midi Patchbay). I’ve set up two patches, one iPad -> A4, and one the other direction. I’m using the same method to connect the iOS Patch Bay app to synths like the D-05 and Blofeld. At least at first glance NRPMs seem to work that way. YMMV :slight_smile:

Seems working fine with the new 1.40 firmware

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t use any sysex so it should never break with future updates :+1:

3 Likes

Is there any type of preset management to help organise presets on the A4 ?

1 Like

You can save Presets but these only contain the Parameters that can be changed with CC / NRPN, so it’s not useful as a true librarian. The A4 Sysex hasn’t been decoded so I don’t have plans to do a more exhaustive job like I did with the RYTM.

2 Likes

The current Beta expires in 2 days so I uploaded a new one…no real changes, but I will revisit this project next week to get ready to release it.

2 Likes

Just FYI, I have expanded the potential scope of the project as I managed to reverse engineer the Kit Sysex. This means you will be able to get all the current values from the machine (instead of the current one way system), and randomize Vel / PB / MWheel / etc modulations, among other things.

Edit: Beta Update Out

• Improved Randomization
  • New Patch Types
  • New Sound Design functions
  • Ability to get the Current Kit from the A4
  • Ability to view and change all Parameters from the app
  • Ability to randomize the Current Pattern’s Arp Settings
  • Ability to map incoming Sustain Pedal to Amp Release

Edit: Last Beta Out

• Improved Randomization
  • Added Modulation View, allowing you to view, edit and randomize Modulations

Edit 2: One more Beta

• Added “Drone” Sound Type
  • Added option “Randomize MFX With Sound Types”

Edit 3: The Beta has expired and the app has been released…I would delete the Beta and do a fresh install!

9 Likes

Hi there,
Nice work so far, do you think it will be possible in the close future to arrange the presets of the librarian with your software tool?
That would be very handy and a nobrainer for the usage of your app.

I’ll be diving into your apps shortly but just wanted to know if you believe there’s any chance of controlling the A4/AK song mode from this app?

If you could do an app that would allow control over all 3 machines’ song modes (A4, AR, OT) it would be fantastic! I may have asked you this before but got a bit excited when I read of this expanded potential scope :slight_smile:

At the moment, this only deals with Kits and is purely a sound design app.

1. Librarian: not sure what you mean by this. The only thing I would have access to is the Project Sysex which would allow me to see the stored Kits / Sounds of the Project. Decoding the Project sysex is a large task and I’m not sure it would be worth it at the moment. There is no easy way to see all the saved Presets on the device.

2. Song Mode: I haven’t looked into song mode yet, but it seems possible. The sysex for this isn’t large so decoding it wouldn’t be too bad, I will work on this next

Edit: I decoded the Song Mode Sysex this morning so I can work with it now…It will take some time to create a nice UI, however. I’ll probably do this in incremental updates, slowly adding more features to it.

4 Likes

Ubertopperawesome!
Just fucked up an entire +Drive bank with loads of excellents sound effortlessly crafted with your app!
Thank you

1 Like

Update Out:

• Improved Randomization
  • Improved Sound Types
  • Improved Modulation creation
  • The Current Kit will now be sent after changing Modulation Destinations / Depths
  • Added KIT GEN: automate the creation of Kits and save them to your Current Project
  • Minor UI updates

Note: KIT GEN will save / overwrite the Kits in your Current Project (in the slot range you specify), so be careful! The normal randomization / Kit Creation works with the Active Kit Buffer, but KIT GEN works with the Saved Kits :skull_and_crossbones:!

3 Likes

Update Out:

• Improved Randomization & Sound Types
  • Added Sound Type “Chaos”
  • Added Option “Randomize Mods With Sound Types”
  • Added Launcher & Song View: Launch Saved Patterns / Kits & Randomize the Current Song
  • Options are now saved between App Launches
  • Minor UI Changes and bug fixes

I’ll add more to the Song Mode View, but for now you can just randomize the Current Song on the A4 (you select which patterns you want to be included)

1 Like

Fantastic news! Will you consider creating a joint solution, controlling/syncing A4(AK), AR and OT? If this in some magical way would be possible, I’d pay you good money for it!

Btw, I may be able to bounce ideas with GUI (I’m a UX/product designer).

Not sure what that would entail / look like. Might be too bloated.

It would provide extreme value for me and hopefully many more - syncing their elektrons’ song modes.

I’m envisioning a row presentation with several layers, for each machine. Then being able to set master and slaves with a helpful calculation of the rows to make it easy for the user to see which pattern is playing (and how) in each of the machines at any given time.

:grin: