FP Sound Packs #8 (Routine) Sound Pack: Digitone / Keys

You certainly will, I’ll tag you when I share something recorded with your patches! :raised_hands:

1 Like

I’m looking forward. It’s so cool to hear all the different ideas being made with the patches. Very inspiring.

HAPPY NEW YEAR SALE

40% Bundle discount applying coupon code: HAPPYNEWYEAR40

15% of all Sound Packs using coupon code: HAPPYNEWYEAR15

I wish you all a happy new year :partying_face:

Cheers!

Jan

2 Likes

I figure out why the Transfer Tool causes “problems” with sysex files. If you want to import the pack via the explore tab in Transfer Tool, sysex files are not displayed. For this reason I have provided “dnsdn” files as an update to the Routine Sound Pack. Just hit on the download button in your purchase mail from sellfy again and you’re good to go.

If you still want to import the sysex files using this tool, proceed as follows.

Turn on your Digitone or Digitone Keys and make sure usb cable is connected to your mac or PC.

On Digitone / Keys “Settings” “System” “USB ConfigUSB MIDI must be checked.

Then open Transfer Tool and under the “Connection” tab Digitone / Keys must be set to MIDI in and MIDI out, otherwise importing sysex data won’t work. Then hit “Connect”.

On Your Digitone / Keys, you first go to “Settings” “Sysex Dump” “Sysex Receive” “Sounds” and select an empty BANK [empty means (256 )] and hit “Yes”. Then drag and drop all sysex files at once to Transfer Tool’s “drop files here” section and it really should import all patches to the selected bank on your Digitone / Keys.

I’ve tested it 10 times and it worked for me. But it’s really a breeze how Transfer Tool handles the with dnsdn files.

If you not select a bank on your Digitone / Keys before the you drag and drop sysex files, one patch will be imported and overwrite your first patch in the Sound Pool.

At least this happens for me.

3 Likes

Curious, @Floppydisk_Pirates, What’s the easiest way you find to manage and fit patches, Overbridge? I’m running out of space and would like to both try out some new ones and trim down ones I don’t think I’ll utilize.

1 Like

If I’m running out of space I take my time and go through all banks, listen and mark all patches I would like to get “rid” of and export them via C6 Manager to PC and save them three times (internal and external hard disk and dropbox) and import them again to Digitone to see if they really work as before! Delete again :wink: Then open Transfer Tool and try to manage to have no more gaps between patches.

For a good overview I name a blank patch, for example —routine— and then the sound pack underneath. —end routine— This stoles me two patch slots but it’s worth it!

Anyway, I didn’t see any other option when you running out of space?

This works very good for me because sometimes when I’m doing this, it could happen while hearing patches that I thought I don’t use any more, serve as good starting point for something new. Or running them trough the sequencer have a little fun while tweaking and come up with a new song idea. But this also makes it hard to get rid of patches and make space.

As you can see, I have the same “problem”… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! Even “bad news” is useful from a subject-matter expert so i don’t blame myself for missing something and can become unblocked.

I want things in a certain way, always, hem and haw over space constraints… maybe we should send an email feature request to see if Transfer can-

1. Rearrange
  2. Trigger a sample note, either through the device audio or computer audio

As a “power user”, what would you love to see with patch management?

Happy to champion your workflow, which will probably improve ours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think it’s possible to move multiple patches at once. Anyway, I didn’t manage it and in transfer tool I get a warning message that it’s not possible to move multiple files.
So far I’ve moved them all individually, which is actually time-consuming and therefore annoying.

I would love to move multiple files with Transfer Tool just by holding shift or control and mark which I want to move. Would be a great help if it becomes possible with an update in the future!

1 Like

I would love to do that within the box.

2 Likes

Both would be great but i think it’s more accurate on pc or mac in transfer tool.

It really bothers me to buy hardware that needs a computer attached to it.

PS: i’m on Linux so every software hardware related is a real PITA since no company develops for Linux. I just passd the third day trying to emulate windows just to manage presets on a Nord Drum, i’m pissed off.

2 Likes

I can understand your frustration. I also like working just with synthesizers, without a second screen or anything else that could distract me. For me the worst and most stressful part is always when a computer comes into play (except Photoshop, this is where i loose myself, almost like working with synth’s).

You probably use Linux for a specific reason and a mac or windows system is probably out of the question?!

Yeah, nothing is perfect. It cost me a lot of hair to accept that :expressionless:

1 Like

Indeed, apart from the fact companies rarely release softwares on Linux (at the maximum some devices are Class Compliant like RME with only basic functions enabled), there’s no way i go back to Windows and i would have to sell a kidney to afford a Mac then the other organs to afford proprietary cables, softwares and all.

I really like the Linux philosophy, like a good synth: does one thing but does it well. And the open source has given amazing products, patches, etc. Collaborative instead of just Money grabbing :wink:

I’m bold, i’m immunized against any acceptation. Bold and frustrated i shall stay :rofl:

PS: really nice patches you made on the DN.

2 Likes

I would give my kidney for a schmidt synthesizer but not for a mac. But I joined anyway in the “happy nogear new year” and will buy nothing. I will continue to work with the Digitone and see what else I can tease out of the box.

I’m slowly getting bold too but I can accept that :laughing:

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Who needs that kind of gear anyway? No Midi In or Out…

I am completely offset on this one. I usually spend months even years before buying anything and i never bought so much than this month. Post covid symptom i guess :wink: Next thing i buy shall be in 2030 when there will be no more Midi connexions supported.

1 Like

For me it was or still is the other way around. I’ve saved as much as i can. For bad times… Apparently also as a result of what is happening. Haven’t heard anything about no more midi in 2030?

I believe it’s just an exaggeration.

1 Like

Typically German, have to take everything too precisely and seriously and overlook it when someone makes a joke. :grimacing: :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve honestly tried very hard at my work to be clear of speech and try to not assume knowledge with any offhand joke, I’ve never had accidental insult taken but even (especially?) with exaggeration, i need to make sure my jokes land :stuck_out_tongue:

The internet also lacks sarcasm tags…

1 Like

I refuse to explain a joke, that goes against my religion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes