FP Sound Packs #8 (Routine) Sound Pack: Digitone / Keys

That’s strange, even if it’s a good thing that so far it has only been the case for one user.

Anyone else who does or doesn’t have this problem?

Anyone here who imported the Routine sound pack to her/his Digitone Keys? A user came to me as he had problems importing the patches on his Digitone Keys. He sees sound received with C6 Manager but on Digitone Keys itself there’s no sound/patch visible! He’s running the lates Digitone Keys OS 1.31

1 Like

And if he’s using the Elektron Transfer app? I imported all sounds using that.

Hey said the patches are not visible in Transfer tool, he can not upload them in any way. Is there something i didn’t see right?

1 Like

You can only upload the .syx patches in the “Drop” tab:

After the upload (so you need to set your DN to receive the sysex files), you can see the patches when you go to the “Explore” tab and selected “sounds”:

Then you can drag them to the left so they are exported as *.dnsnd files. You could try the *.dnsnd file format to distribute the problematic patches for this user to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Thank you @rtme . I still use the C6 Manager and therefore don’t know how to use tranfser tool, but it makes total sense how you explained it. Thanks for that! I have shared the link to your post and hope that the patch import will work soon.

Hrm, with the Digitone (Keys, 1.31) set to receive SYSEX dump, sounds, and free spots in the bank I’m unable to Drop files from the latest Transfer.

I ended up just dropping them one by one into MIDI-OX.

Strange. If the Transfer app issue isn’t figured out by then, I’ll pick up the sound pack and give this a try in about 18 hours with a non-keys DN. (I’m currently trying to debug an issue with a sound bank unrelated to those here)

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if you meant you needed the C6 manager?
c6.exe (199.0 KB)

1 Like

Did i understand that correctly? You also have problems importing the sound pack into the Digitone Keys with OS 1.31?

So you can’t drop them in that big “drop files here” square? Nothing is happening? Or do you get any error message or other feedback?

2 Likes

Apologies, I edited to clarify but I’m experiencing a slightly different issue with a sound bank unrelated to any here. I’m trying to see if I can reproduce issues with any other sound bank transfers.

I did just get Routine and had no issues using Drop in Transfer 1.4.0.1 to get them on a non-keys DN with 1.31.

1 Like

No problem. I just thought you tried to import the routine sound pack to a digitone keys but you have a non-keys digitone right? And no issues importing that pack? That’s really good to hear that it work from digitone to digitone but what about the keys? :smiley: I’m about to order one just for transfer purposes :exploding_head:

1 Like

Yep, unzipped files in the folder, I get no feedback from the app, nothing “drops”. No error.

It shouldn’t be the file path depth but I could always check.

1 Like

@thermionic, so just to be sure, when you drag a .syx file to the dropzone like this:

You’re not getting the following screen? :

3 Likes

I may have run into an issue with either multi-copy or Desktop folder path limitations from the extracted zip (no errors, though.)

I could do one at a time, but it was nicer with C6 where we could queue them all simultaneously over doing one-by-one (had to remove a few dupes.)

With Transfer, it’s easier to enclose each patch in one syx over having them broken out individually.

1 Like

You can also drop them all at once with Transfer: Just select them all and drag them to the dropzone.

3 Likes

I attempted, and yet it did not work. I’ve had better luck with wavs than SYX files.

1 Like

So, all in all.

In the meantime, @thermionic and me have been able to find out a little in the background :wink:

Digitone Keys OS 1.31 and latest Tranfer Tool version 1.4.0.1

It looks like importing patches to the non-keys Digitone works fine with Elektron’s Transfer tool and all others. So, don’t worry non-DN Keys users!

It looks a little different with the Digitone Keys. Until now we could only test it on windows systems.

Drag and drop does not seem to work and importing several SYX at once does not work correctly. One SYX file as a whole sound pack seems to work fine.

The C6 manager seems to cause no problems with Digitone Keys or Digitone when it comes to importing SYX files.

The import works, but it should be checked by Elektron if this is a common issue with Transfer Tool.

I have now organized the sound pack that there are all files individually in one folder and in another folder there is one single SYX file which contains all 64 patches. And there is also a readme.txt that says:

1. Before you import any of these patches it might be a good advice to save your current project at first.
    For example you import all files from a sound pack accidentally to Digitone’s sound pool, it will just overwrite your existing patches and all linked P-Locks are gone/exchanged with the patches you imported!
    You can go back and load your project with the latest saved state but then your unsaved work will be gone!

2. Some user experiences that one big sysex file makes less problems to import than individual files.
    I heard of some problems with “Elektron’s Tranfer Tool” to import sysex files, so you might use the one file sysex in this situation.
    (I personally still use C6 Manager and it runs fine for me.)

3. If you got any issues importing the sound pack, don’t panic, it’s not a faulty sound pack, it’s just software incompatibility issues.
    If this happens, feel free to drop me some lines here: info@fpsoundpacks.com and we’ll figure this out together.

Hope this is ok and thanks for helping me and others and being so kind @ElectroNot, @rtme, @thermionic

2 Likes

Just to say I got the sound pack last night and it’s absolutely stunning, came up with a couple of song ideas in the first 30 mins of playing around with the sounds!

Really great sound design work, thanks for doing this.

3 Likes