FMR RNC or RNLA on master

Ha, yeah no problem - and as soon as I understand all the ins and outs from your tests I’ll take it back;)

But no definitely no worries, use it for a bit more. Second hand they pop up now and then (mine is too), and the prices are great there. It seems like a box that doesn’t have too much to break anyways, so perfect for 2nd hand.

Are you in Canada? Long and McQuade has one in stock locally here in Winnipeg. I’m sure they could ship something if you called:

Not quite: NL :smile:

1 Like

Deal :smile:

1 Like

Been thinking of getting an RNLA. For side chaining, a little EQ pedal actually seems cheaper than buying an FMOD from Canada (after factoring in shipping and conversion). For example: https://www.amazon.ca/Donner-Equalizer-gita-efekuta/dp/B01GYJISP4/

Silly question, but in order to do the filtering properly, after doing the 1/4" TRS to dual 1/4" loop, would I just turn down the 100Hz band all the way, and leave the rest at 0?

1 Like

Yes. You could even boost the other frequencies if you need a steeper cut. Or make it react more to a certain band.

1 Like

I used the rytm and a4 with rnla and rnc. For sidechain I used the individual kick out from rytm and an cv track from a4, both works great, so for me there was no need for any filters for the sidechain signal. A4 thru rnc into rytm for some nice bouncing…

1 Like

Expect some testing reports soon…

Would like to record A/B comparisons but real busy with work and need to prepare for a streaming show. Might take a while before it happens :frowning:

11 Likes

Really nice duo. :happy:

1 Like

Lovely.

I have same combo. I send A4 to RNLA and Rytm BD out to RNLA sidechain input, run that signal into Rytm, and whole mix goes to RNC in Super Nice mode. RNLA is my favorite sidechain pump comp.

edit: forgot to mention that LOG release on RNLA is a must!

5 Likes

Really want this combo as well. Don’t know if my OCD could handle the font difference tho :grimacing:

This is really clever.

3 Likes

Yes I believe it was mention on Earthquakers “Show us your junk” series, a wonderful watch!

starts around 5:38

2 Likes

Thanks! I keep meaning to swap the RNC and RNLA to see how they sound with their roles reversed, but I never do it.

1 Like

Sounds like you have them the correct way.

1 Like

There are more visual differences. Front plate has different finish. And a strange change on the leds. On RNC they are recessed into the panel. Perfect. On RNLA they stick out from the panel. This causes light from one GR metering led to shine into its neighboring leds, causing it to light up a bit too, making the metering less precise to read visually. I don t understand why they ve done this.

It can be seen in my pic. It s most troublesome on fast peaks where it becomes unclear which led is really the peak. Not that we should be running these on visuals, but still.

1 Like

Just wondering, why aren’t you using the the nabc+ compressor. You can send midi, cv and usb to it…

https://suonobuono.net/product/nabcp/

Because it’s more than twice the price?

3 Likes

and nABC+ sidechain is key input only, not an fx loop style for HPF, which some of us prefer

5 Likes

Thank you for the quick replies