Fever Ray / The Knife

Silent shout is 100% perfection. Not a single dud on that album.

But I absolutely hated (still do) Shaking The Habitual. It was just such a dissappointment after everything they had done before.

Waiting for the new Fever Ray to come out on vinyl so I can snatch a copy.

1 Like

It took me awhile to appreciate Silent Shout but I absolutely love it now. I always felt it was special, but it was so haunting at first, I just felt really uncomfortable listening to it.

Now, that discomfort is almost a pleasure experience, like an episode from the latest (last) season of Twin Peaks.

8 Likes

Silent Shout is one of my all-time favorite.
And Radical Romantics is pretty catchy as well, in its style. I absolutely love it.

Not flawless though: on Carbon Dioxide, there’s a kind of weird glitch in the synth bassline at 3:56

1 Like

Love The Knife. Lucky enough to see them around 2004/2005 - great live show.

The scani countries has something special in the water I swear.

2 Likes

Well I’ve obviously been living under a rock cause the first time I saw the name Fever Ray was when Aphex playing in Stockholm was announced…

Time to do some listening especially since I really like The Knife.

4 Likes

Loving how both are so tethered to emotion through symbols/fetters but no fussy, arbitrary “logic” being present in more limiting senses.

Global art and cultural exchange is what we all need more of, not international products and “markets”!

1 Like

Oh man, you’re in for a treat! I would maybe start with the debut or Radical Romantics. Plunge is a bit more abrasive and less inviting, but of course you might be into that.

1 Like

I really love „A Tooth for an Eye“ and like „Full of Fire“ and „Without You My Life Would Be Boring“. Never really warmed to the rest of Habitual, though I like it as a bold statement.

2 Likes

wow I was not aware of this. was already planning a trip to visit family in Stockholm this summer (from the US). basing it around this concert now so thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

When the lyrics “trust meeee” hangs and turns into an anxious scream in “A tooth for an eye” it send absolute shivers down my spine…fuggn glorious.

4 Likes

Enjoyed them as the Baron in What we do in the Shadows.

The Dreijer siblings are my idols.

I can’t remember if it was the Jose Gonzalez cover of “Heartbeats” or Silent Shout that first put me on to them. Either way, before that, I’d given up hope we’d see anything continue the Homoegenic/KID A promise of melded, progressive art-pop/rock-electronica. Silent Shout put my mind firmly at ease. And they just have not let up. Shout - Fever Ray - Habitual is such a glorious run. And everything Karin has done as Fever Ray has done has been exemplary. Olof is one helluva producer, but Karin is a force of nature.

I saw The Knife for their last Berlin show and Fever Ray on the Purge tour in Warsaw. I loved the former’s Performance Art, group, communal grandiosity. The latter was a smoking hot electronic band nailing the hits (the keyboard player was absolute fire); the place was a party; it was amazing.

In addition to the music, though, is their immaculate politics: the “Pass It On” video, the “P3 Award” appearance, a whole godamn opera on Darwin, the inserts to Shaking, all the radical queerness of recent Fever Ray and all the details I’m leaving out spread across however many things they’ve done (Edit: “This Country” should be a protest anthem). Living and creating their truth. Absolute stars.

8 Likes

*them

But is that true? I can’t find any info on it…

Trolling. I think the baron is played by Doug Jones

3 Likes

Fever Ray’s first record is one of my all-time favourites.

I love everything the Knife did and Honey Is Cool is also great.

Not a fan of Plunge and the new arty-happy-queer direction, but they seem to be having a lot of fun so I’m happy for them.

2 Likes

It was meant as a joke as fever ray in full get up looks like the baron afanas character in WWDITS.

1 Like

That’s a lovely ode to them :heart:. It makes me happy that there is so much love for Fever Ray and the Knife from all of you here!

2 Likes

Thanks for starting the thread! There are odd threads on them around the forum, but nothing concentrated where I could finally wax my love for them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Glad I could help! I feel like there is not that many topics on artists here in General. While I think it’s nice that the focus on Elektronauts is users’ music and gear/methods to make it, we could probably have a bit more topics about artists that have influenced many of us or the newest hot things.

Fever Ray’s first album was amazing, cold viking stories about loss and alienation.

Now we have Karin, doing a rip off of Peaches dressed like the guy from scary movie!