Feed my OT: best IPad apps

I have a Roland Duo Capture EX for audio interfacing w/ iPad.

Back when I was planning my iPad purchase, I considered the Alesis IO Dock. Then the iPad 4th gen came out and it used a different dock connector than the IO Dock! That was when I decided to avoid anything that encloses the whole iPad, because once you spend that $150 or whatever for an IO Dock, you can only use it with the iPad that it fits - if for some reason you upgrade to a new iPad model, it might not fit at all, or the connector could be in the wrong place.

midi wise, Iā€™m waiting on one of these
https://www.iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI4plus

Sample toy is worth checking out. Doesnā€™t look all that spectacular but can very quickly and easily create nice looped/granular drony type stuff.

Since the iconnectmidi was brought up, and I asked about this elsewhere online and was met with silence, anyone have the 2 and tried using the audio passThru with an interface or USB-enabled mixer instead of direct to a computer? I like everything about it, except being tied to a computer for routing audio.

Iā€™m actually waiting on the 4 myself. I want the added featuresā€¦I thought about buying the 2 but it was out of stock where I wanted to order it so I just decided to wait.

A good one for generating loops quickly is Figure by Propellerhead.

Another good one is iMaschine; there are a bunch of cheap sample packs and you can use it to generate drums for OT quickly to mangle.

figure actually has some decent bass and lead patches as well

believe it or not, I like the patches better than the loved dm1

Yeah, honestly with some OT effects you can get quite a range of sounds from Figure.

The interface is pretty intuitive, Iā€™ m thinking of using it live even

Figure is an awesome app for 99 cents.
The interface is intuitive, but could use an update.
I didnā€™t know how to change kits until I accidentally did it.
They should just put arrows on either side of the kit name to let you know you can swipe scroll.
Otherwise it sounds amazing and is a lot of fun to use.

Mind Blown. So enjoyable to play.

only have a phone, but I like DM1 and glitchbreaks. last DM1 update added MIDI.

I generally avoid posting links to my own websites in forums, but this thread seems like a particularly relevant place to point you to my site that categorises iOS music apps. Some might find handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just noticed that NodeBeat and NodeBeat HD are free currently - cool little app, this one!

Borderlands Granular is the uber fun app the ipad was made forā€¦

i should check out more sound apps.

Yummy thread!

Wolfram Franke (waldorf, access virus) has thrown the B.O.M.B!!!

STROKE MACHINE

check out the latest sonic touch vid (second half) on sonicstate.com

Bless!

Mind Blown. So enjoyable to play. [/quote]
+1
Iā€™ve only had a few days but already I think itā€™s the best music app Iā€™ve installed on my iPad.

Just picked up Vosis for $2. Might appeal to those who dig Borderlands or Samplr.

Cube Synth
Addictive
Nave
Animoog
Thor
Borderlands
Samplr
TC11
Impaktor
Drumjam
iSem
Turnado

Not necessarily in that orderā€¦

I bought iSem when it came out but Iā€™ve been using it a lot lately, midi from OT to iPad, great sound for $10 :wink:

Just been messing with Cube Synth some moreā€¦sounding seriously good. Travelling a lot at the moment so havenā€™t always got the OT set up but going to feed her some of this soonā€¦