Feed my OT: best IPad apps

Saw this on the iPad Musicians FB group concerning Borderlands:

What’s coming to Borderlands with the next update.

audiobus - finally, stream audio out of borderlands to audiobus.
scene saving and loading - store and recall collections of grain clouds and sounds. easily copy the configuration file and stored sounds between ipads using file sharing
independent resonant filters on each grain cloud (including LPF, HPF, Bandpass, Boost/Cut). also - an option to randomize the cutoff frequency of the filter each time a grain fires.
tempo synced grains - turn on tempo sync for a grain cloud and each successive grain will fire “on the grid” governed by a master BPM. - sync is switchable between 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/8T, etc…
duplicate clouds by opening a cloud for editing and double tapping outside create a new cloud.
limiter on output to help reduce clipping

that is what I didn’t like about borderlands as well, I need an easy way to just get a sample in there…I fired it up the other day just to see what had changed and that wasn’t done yet

That is lame. There are lots of ways to transfer samples into and out of the iPad without iTunes. Big oversight not implementing it. In all other ways this app is really unique and very powerful for quickly creating soundscapes.

You guys made me realize that update on Borderlands mentions nothing about getting audio INTO Borderlands, just audio out of Borderlands… The iTunes import thing is a reason I use iDensity more for my granular explorations, despite the gorgeous UI of Borderlands

i would pay for such an update

iDensity has been on my watch list for a long time, sometimes I like to wait for apps to temporarily go on sale since I buy so many…I don’t think that one ever has :slight_smile:

Definitely add Grain Science to the list. Just grabbed it and spent some time with it, and while a lot more complex than Samplr, you can do some crazy sound destruction with it, and it has a ton of midi control, which Samplr is sadly lacking.

Just a heads up: all Korg iOS apps are 50% off until Jan. 1st.

I had it sitting in my App Shopper Wishlist for several weeks, waiting for the price drop. I finally broke down and got it - worth it imo.

Related:

VJay is free for a limited time. Just grabbed it and am looking forward to sequencing via midi with my OT later. It has a video bitcrush that I want to try and control with the slider at the same time as my OT’s bitcrush.

+1 for MorhpWiz

I had it sitting in my App Shopper Wishlist for several weeks, waiting for the price drop. I finally broke down and got it - worth it imo.

[/quote]
same, been there forever, never get notifications of pricedrop :slight_smile:
I may break down and get it if they don’t have a holiday discount

Jordan has a tendency to abandon his apps and release new ones, old ones not being fixed for OS changes, etc…I bought his very first app :wink:

TC11 … I’ve been intrigued about that one for a while. Would love to get some more opinions on it.

I just picked up different drummer, it’s down to a reasonable price of $20 now, started at ridiculous price of $300 on release, I was waiting for lower even when it hit $50

I think it’s worth $20, very different and cool to tweak sounds with.

1 Like

Tis the season for discounts, just picked up gestrument on sale as well.

Nice roundup of apps currently on sale:

very nice list, I own nearly all of them already except TNR and Electrify, Electrify just released a newer version so someone may want to look at that one instead

the three I just picked up a few days ago are Lemur, Gestrument, and Different Drummer

I’m a bit of a softsynth addict :slight_smile:

Guys, did or do you use/tried Alesis IO dock or iS202 ?

I use the Griffin audio interface. It is alright.