Feature Request: Ignore option in profiles

Hey. I was wondering if we could get an option to put people on ignore (I think some forums have this). It’s a shame to say but some of the recent arguments and fighting in a couple of the threads are becoming rather irritating and I would just a soon block the offending people/person and not have to acknowledge the trolling.

3 Likes

I think a more useful option would be ‘hide post’ feature that also allowed a ‘hide all users posts’ option. It would achieve the same thing you desire, but in implementing it in this fashion it would also provide a useful organisational tool for everyone else.

reading through threads there’s often posts or trains of discussion that are not germane to your interests or interest in the thread, but still these posters are providing some on-topic comments that you find interesting. so a ‘hide post’ feature would let you tidy up the thread to suit your own tastes.

Please don’t ruin this thread too.

take your own advice Prints. what you’re doing is patently trolling, and therefore is likely to ‘ruin’ the thread.

The guy made a feature request, I offered my sincere take on the feature request and how it might be improved for other uses if implemented in a slightly more advanced fashion.

Where are the moderators ?

this guy just won’t quit ^

getting really lame
and kinda sad…

Oh FFS. tbh, bloopity had a legitimate argument no matter the reason (or reasons felt by others) and the same two people regularly accusing this person of being an ass show up to “take them down a peg” here.

I’m not fully certain bloopity is as much of a problem as the people that think this person’s an asshole.

this whole forum needs to take a deep breath and relax :slight_smile:

Sorry didn’t mean to generate more conflict, just genuinely thought it might be a nice option to have. Maybe I’ve inadvertently stirred the pot.

it’s not you that needs to apologise. you made a genuine feature request, there’s no justification for prints & polymonomachines trolling your thread. i think that’s a pot that stirs itself. but, in another way, their trolling behaviour kind of proves your feature request has merit. well, so long as it’s done in the hide post/hide all users posts fashion - which would be more useful imo :slight_smile:

it’s not you that needs to apologise. you made a genuine feature request, there’s no justification for prints & polymonomachines trolling your thread. i think that’s a pot that stirs itself. but, in another way, their trolling behaviour kind of proves your feature request has merit. well, so long as it’s done in the hide post/hide all users posts fashion - which would be more useful imo :)[/quote]
Troll? pot calling the kettle black
theres obviously people who don’t post that often watching you bud
jus sayin

Nah I think you’re all right. you’re the least combative person around here just about.
Seriously though, no worries. it’s a very good feature request :+1:

imo, “just saying” is one of the most noncommittal, weakest things anyone can say. I think it needs to be obliterated from the lexicon of phrases used in the English language before it’s too late.

anyone is of course free to disagree.

yes. troll: posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages

that’s three checks on both counts, for prints & poly monomachines.

and now you, unless you’ve got something on-topic you forgot to mention ?

+1

I’d prefer that everyone has a public troll-rating as part of their profile that other forum members can choose to tick the box of.

If you get 10 ticks, then you lose the right to post for a week - unless a moderator resets your tick count, raises the bar to 20 ticks, or forum members untick their troll vote.

If it is public, then you can see if you are pissing people off and mend your ways … even if you disingenouously “don’t realise it” and everyone is just “picking you up the wrong way” you’ll soon learn the basics about civility and simple decency.

Besides, it would be good fun to vote on who is a troll :smiley:

I rather like that, mokomo. Though I think it should also be limited to at least per person, per week (or more). Otherwise a handful of people that don’t like someone could gang up on them pretty quick.

But the idea has merit for sure.

Yes, we need an ignore function now.

I would request to ignore members rather than rated eviction - thanks

Hey, I’m more a reader than a writer but I have to say a few guys (mainly 1) are really ruining my reading experience lately. So +1 for an ignore function.

the ignore profile route is sweeping bad attitude under the carpet, the attitude needs addressing - this is where the moderators have been sadly lacking evidently, this is a new thing and let’s not pretend we don’t know who we’re talking about - he has been called out time and time again, we are feeding him the very thing he loves, and i’m doing it now too - but this will be the last time i get sucked into it if i can manage !

@Moderator - the forum is being spoiled - can’t you see that, can’t you do something about it, it’s no longer even funny, it’s needing to be nipped in the bud before it’s too late

I’m sure the elektron aficionados are are too busy doing company work to deal with disciplining puerile behaviour on the forum, nor do they want to get into the game of censorship.

Perhaps a few individuals who are regular posters might volunteer as mods with the ability to switch off repeat offenders ability to post, following a fair warning in the forum?

Anyone might make a poorly judged post sometime but it is the repeat attention-seeking nuisance factor that starts to grate.

elektron can step in occasionally to see who is on the banned list to ensure it is being fairly modded.

An increased moderator presence would be most welcome and there are definitely some regular posters who i’d be happy to see added to the list of them.

As for whether it comes to ignoring/blocking people or ‘troll-rating’ individual members i’m not too fussed, just please try and get something done quickly as some of the behaviour ATM is getting pretty tedious.