Feature Request: Ignore option in profiles

Spot on. Unfortunately, due to the Analog Keys launch, moderating has been a bit on the back burner. But the recent bickering must not continue. If certain users don’t calm down, they will be banned.

The plan for the future is ask good, reliable forum members if they want to help out with moderating duties. I’ll get back to the community regarding this.

Elektronauts must be a place for relevant discussions, not a he said/she said-arena.

Shouldn’t you be more specific ? I’m not sure ‘Analog MD’ is going to know you’re referring to him, for threatening physical violence at one of your events, unless you address him directly. etc.

it’s not you that needs to apologise. you made a genuine feature request, there’s no justification for prints & polymonomachines trolling your thread. i think that’s a pot that stirs itself. but, in another way, their trolling behaviour kind of proves your feature request has merit. well, so long as it’s done in the hide post/hide all users posts fashion - which would be more useful imo :)[/quote]
Troll? pot calling the kettle black
theres obviously people who don’t post that often watching you bud
jus sayin[/quote]
well, not wishing to be involved in this puerile activity at all, yet i take strong offence to this usage of racism against kettles.
very, very un-PC… mac.

ps. dont worry doopity iv’e got your back come next NAM…
I strongly resemble Rambo

just sayin’,
better to take it out on your monitor drivers, go make a track or something… intellectuals .
it’s such a waste of brain power.

Shouldn’t you be more specific ? I’m not sure ‘Analog MD’ is going to know you’re referring to him, for threatening physical violence at one of your events, unless you address him directly. etc.[/quote]
Ok. It’s you. I’ve gotten complaints about your behavior from several other forum users. You seem to provoke a lot of drama. Please don’t.

^^ Speaking of racism…

http://www.elektronauts.com/t/dsi-tempest/1753page:3

and there was nary a murmur or complaint.

this speaks more of the community than the moderation, imo. comment now deleted. thanks entirely to me reporting it. ME - the villain.

Shouldn’t you be more specific ? I’m not sure ‘Analog MD’ is going to know you’re referring to him, for threatening physical violence at one of your events, unless you address him directly. etc.[/quote]
Ok. It’s you. I’ve gotten complaints about your behavior from several other forum users. You seem to provoke a lot of drama. Please don’t.[/quote]

you should help me understand something, is it mob rule ? or are there rules that are universally applied ? Because I’m not seeing it. I made my own complaints of trolling, abuse, and physical threats… what of them ? Is the ‘report user’ system working ?

Nope. It’s other forum members wanting to discuss topics without you somehow managing to derail threads.

Me ‘somehow’ derailing them… by having opinions not shared by the mob, evidently, and simply speaking when spoken to. Is that fair to say ? Have I got the jist of things ?

and you haven’t answered my query about the infractions of others, presumably derailing is just one rule that isn’t to be broken. Presumably threatening physical violence at one of your events, racism, verbal abuse, swearing, namecalling, etc all constitute rule violations too… or not ?

[/quote]
Thanks for highlighting. That post has been removed as it does not comply with forum rules. But two minuses don’t automatically become a plus. That post does not diminish the criticism directed at you.

Ok. It’s you. I’ve gotten complaints about your behavior from several other forum users. You seem to provoke a lot of drama. Please don’t.[/quote]

you should help me understand something, is it mob rule ? or are there rules that are universally applied ? Because I’m not seeing it. I made my own complaints of trolling, abuse, and physical threats… what of them ? Is the ‘report user’ system working ?[/quote]
I have not gotten any reports. I will have to investigate, as the functionality might not be working properly if you indeed have reported a user/post.

you should help me understand something, is it mob rule ? or are there rules that are universally applied ? Because I’m not seeing it. I made my own complaints of trolling, abuse, and physical threats… what of them ? Is the ‘report user’ system working ?[/quote]
I have not gotten any reports. I will have to investigate, as the functionality might not be working properly if you indeed have reported a user/post.[/quote]

Indeed I have, several reports. I’ll deliver them again via PM later and see if I’m being judged by mob rule, or universal rule. Though it’s already quite evident.

[/quote]
Thanks for highlighting. That post has been removed as it does not comply with forum rules. But two minuses don’t automatically become a plus. That post does not diminish the criticism directed at you.[/quote]
No, but it should diminish the character of the community who didn’t bother reporting it to you.

I have not gotten any reports. I will have to investigate, as the functionality might not be working properly if you indeed have reported a user/post.[/quote]

Indeed I have, several reports. I’ll deliver them again via PM later and see if I’m being judged by mob rule, or universal rule. Though it’s already quite evident.[/quote]
Mob rule. Universal rule. That’s your perspective - not necessarily others’. Also quite evident.
But please send all reports in a PM. I’ll also check what’s up with the reporting system.

Yes big +1 from me.

If you were active/lurker on E-U, you know dionysiananarchy was deeply unpopular/controversial for posts such as the one quoted. At some point most people just learned to ignore the BS, and either completely skip his posts or read them to find the bits that were insightful. If no one reported the post, it wasn’t because people condone those views, it’s just that at a certain point people become easy to ignore… I think bloop has lots of valuable things to say, when he isn’t engaged in bickering. Ban hammer isn’t the way to go, but a hide/expand option for users would be nice. Also, I don’t think the beat down comment was at all a serious threat of violence, but it also has no place in a public forum.

@ bloopity: if you feel like a victims of mob judgment, it’s just because your bickering gets under people’s skin. You have lots of valuable things to contribute to the forum, but the thing that bugs people is the way that you choose to interact with other forum members whom you disagree with. It often seems overly combative, petty, and childish. It’s the internet, yo. You gotta let some shit slide. Every post directed at you doesn’t need to be met with a wall of text. It distracts from the conversation, and for whatever reason, you seem to be a magnet for these flame wars. You are obviously a very intelligent person with passionate viewpoints regarding music gear, just tone it down a bit and you will find a lot more people sympathetic to your views.

1 Like

Have a beer. ^

I think we should all have a beer/relaxant of your choice together, and get the negativity out of the forum(not implying that criticism of elektron is heresy, just the tone of the debate)… E-U was great in this regard. The most dramatic that things ever got was kitchen sink upgrades…

Just go ahead and ban this
BloopityDoopity troll
take decisive action please, just the most annoying troll

There’s either three separate people recently posting here who seem to each have a very similar knack for getting under peoples skin, or it is just one person posting under multiple forum accounts in order to get even further under peoples skin. Just sayin…
t edi (< geez fix this forum for android use please. cant edit properly)

Something to think about!