Faderfox UC4 <3 Octatrack?

Most synths only work with absolute mode.

You’d have to check if your synth does respond to relative midi messages and how to properly configure everything.

For the lfo; Octa lfos has bipolar and unipolar shapes, so if you’re sending an lfo to cc91 from your OT with a bipolar wave such as the triangle it would change the parameter around (up and down) the set value on the synth.
With unipolar shapes such as ramp, the modulation would go up or down starting from the set value on the synth.

You can easily test the behaviour with your synth, though.
Assign an lfo from OT to a parameter like filter cutoff or osc pitch on your synth which makes it easy to hear the effect of the lfo. Use a simple patch without any additional modulation.
Set filter cutoff to a middle value and turn up the lfo depth. Close the filter all the way down and turn up the lfo depth.
Open the filter fully and turn up the lfo depth.

This thread has a nice explanation of OT lfos

You talk about how that lfo would affect your controller, but you’d actually want to send the lfo through your controller to a synthesizer, right?

2 Likes

Thanks, think I have it working how I want.

Curious what people have mapped where on the faderfox?

Anyone care to share their mappings?

Hi would these be ok for controlling the following?

A4 MKII
AR MKII
Medusa
MS-1
RD-8
TD-3
Circuit Monostation
Waldorf Kyra
Waldorf Quantum
Behringer Crave

A big ask or can you combine these controllers?

Also I’ve seen this…

Faderfox MX12

PS

I have an AKAI MPCX that I was gonna try and hook these all up to but these little Faderfox things appeal to me

Necropost!

Just to make sure that I understand this correctly:

I set up a Button the UC4 to send CC61 to the OT, OT sends out all parameters and UC4 reads them, understands them and updates the internal values?

Jens

1 Like

Correct. Connect both in/out ofc.

*Edit
The faders have two modes, catch and jump.
Use cath mode to avoid value jumps after a part/bank change on OT when you sent CC61.

3 Likes

Can one of these be connected directly to the Octatrack and parameters assigned without needing another device in between?

Yes.

1 Like

Cool, I’ve ordered one of these. Just reading about the CC61 issue with the Octatrack - am I right in thinking the MIDI to 3.5mm TRS cable that comes with an Empress Zoia WON’T work with the Faderfox UC4 in terms of MIDI IN, but the one that comes with a Novation Circuit will? (The UC4 only comes with one cable, so I’ll need another.)

Yes, Faderfox use type B, same as Arturia & Novation. Think Faderfox sell adaptor as an accessory

2 Likes

I order a faderfox uc4 to use it with a octatrack mk1,polyeffects Beebo 1010music blackbox I don’t know where to start jejejejej

finally the uc4 is here

2 Likes

Guys I need help for a stupid problem. I received my UC4 yesterday and had no problem learning how to program the groups, but I can’t seem to make it save my settings so what happens is that each time i power off I lose all my programming. The manual says settings are stored automatically when exiting edit mode but I tried 3 times and each time when i power off i lose everything. What am I doing wrong?

That sounds annoying. Short of an actual fix, be sure to use the web-based editor, which allows you to save all settings. Works in Edge and Chrome: Faderfox EC4 Editor

does the EC4 editor is compatible with the UC4?
don’t see any UC4 reference on the editor in the features on the manual

Oops I got my UC4 and my EC4 mixed up. Sorry to get your hopes up!

yes you did thanks anyway
I think faderfox needs to add a feature for the UC4 in the editor.

1 Like

I think I solved the problem: by switching to a different setup it seems to save the settings permanently. By the way, the controller is awesome and playing the elektrons with it injects new life in performances.

I have an other question though, i would like to map the mod wheel to a knob, so as to use it like a macro (damn, I miss the A4s performance knobs on the digitone so much), but I can’t seem to find a corresponding CC in the manual. Same for Aftertouch (I tried mapping the knob to aftertouch but it doesn’t work, maybe I am missing something there).

Hi everyone, this is my first post after much lurking! The forum has informed many of my purchases and even though I currently have no Elektron gear I still find this place the friendliest and most helpful gear forum in general!

Anyway, to that end, I wonder if any UC4 users could help me before I splash the cash. I’ll be using it primarily to control a 1010music Bluebox and need to know if the UC4 has internal MIDI pickup. Ie, will it remember states between its own fader banks without feedback from a connected device? Bluebox doesn’t send MIDI, and I’ll be using several fader banks for different parameters.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Looking at the uc4 to go with my octatrack anyone recommend this still.

I’m looking to use it to primarily control volumes of tracks.

Perfect for this and it can do so much more!

1 Like