FaderFox EC4

I mean that maybe we could leave a trig in the OT that makes the EC4 or Twister send that CC61 when changing parts.

This may involve a MIDI processor.

With carefull midi channels attribution you can achieve that with a midi loopback without need for processing or filtering midi data.

1 Like

I wish that more machines could respond to the CC61.

Hi there
Just got an EC4. Seems pretty useful. I am having trouble trying the OT to send feedback to the EC4 for avoid value jumps.
Any advice?
Thanks

In general you need to send CC#61 from the EC4 with value 0 to the OTā€™s auto channel and the OT will respond with a bunch of single CC messages for all its internal parameters. Of course you need to connect MIDI IN and OUT to the OT, so you need at least a 2nd adapter cable ā€¦

I just answered more or less the same question in another thread. Here is my answer in the other thread:

7 Likes

Yeah ā€“ the AUTO CHANNEL is an important piece of information. I just assumed any old channel would work, which resulted in a few wasted hours ā€“ I just tend to gloss over things in manuals if I personally think thereā€™s a smart way things ought to be done :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Im going to explore the CC61 thing. By the moment I have shared Midi channels in audio - midi. Fixing now.
Thanks a lot!

The Twister is special for sure! I love mine! The encoders donā€™t lag or miss things when you turn them fast. Quality is the best for encoders Iā€™ve used.

The feedback is really good. You also quickly start to develop muscle memory when you use it for a while with the same mapping. Combine that with Macros in Ableton and the function where it automatically controls the last parameter you clicked on (OS X only) and it makes for a great ā€œQualityā€ software controller.

I honestly could get by just fine with Ableton Live, a Twister, and a MIDI keyboard.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve been using this past month:
Live 10, Twister, NI M32.
No complaints.

But I still look at this EC4 with interest from time to time.

3 Likes

Thinking of getting the ec4 but not sure if to save the extra for push 2.

I do like its size and push 2 is bit of a beast

This is kind of what I fall back to when I donā€™t want to deal with anything and just make some music (replace M32 with whatever keyboard I have nearby). Arturia KeyStep Pro could become the default since itā€™ll live in my slide out tray most of the time. Assuming I like it.

I considered the EC4 too but Iā€™m perfectly happy with the twister.

1 Like

Effects control with EC4, anyone?

Iā€™m looking at options to control 2x Eventide H9ā€™s. (Dedicated app over Bluetooth/USB gets glitchy with simultaneous use).
Thereā€™s other things I would also use it for, so wouldnā€™t be a luxury just for fx.

1 Like

I think wouldnā€™t be a problem. I tried once with Eventide Space, but ended controlling it with the Octa to have parameter lock available. I guess you can have different setups or groups for each H9

1 Like

Anyone with an EC4 who can tell me if the encoders can be reset to zero when pressing the encoder?
Iā€™m on the verge to replace my BCR2000 with one, but really need to know if this function exists?

For example if I have a pad sound that I want to open up the filter slowly for a build up, but then want to go back to itā€™s original value instantly?

I donā€™t think this function exists but with the acceleration of the encoder, a quick turn will go from 127 to 0 instantly.

actually you can, by holding shift and pressing the encoder you can toggle between 127 (on) and 0 (off). you can also define a max-or min-limit, which would then replace these figures

11 Likes

Just received my EC4 and Iā€™m looking forward to replace my BCR2000 with this.

I only have one negative thing to say so farā€¦
There is only one Midi jack adapter included in the box. The price of this thing is premium, and still they cheap out on a part that would have cost them 2 bucks to include. A bit stingy if you ask me.

8 Likes

Definitely. Especially since ordering a matching one is still a bit of a hassle.

I completely agree with you. Iā€™ve spent days trying to find one at a reasonable price. I ended soldering one myself with one jack and one midi DIN cable (quite straightforward).

2 Likes

Absolutely correct, especially with this price tag. However I was lucky enough to use it with my Kenton USB THRU box and a regular powered USB Hub for expanding my channel strips.

1 Like