Expressive E Osmose

This is why our sound designers will take special care to hand-select useful macro controls on a per-preset basis

Hmm… so do we have to work as a sound designer at Expressive E? :grinning:

Macros are already part of the eaganmatrix, so there shouldn’t need to be any update there — I’m guessing the knobs just send normal CCs.

From the Osmose itself you mean?
There’s nothing to stop us going into the matrix and building a patch from scratch is there?

More detail here:

Version 10 due to coincide with Osmose release

1 Like

The software editor does not run (even if it actually starts ) without any of the hardware connected unfortunately…You could still have a look at anckorage app by C. Duquesnes though…

Well I sure don’t work for them, so I don’t know.

Ask them.

Gotcha.
Depending on the quality of the presets and macro mapping, I will probably be a junior sound designer with the Osmose too.
At least at first anyway.
The matrix scares me a bit.

2 Likes

Dream

Just now woke from a strange dream, about watching a surreal movie with a group of people — the movie has a lot of characters and the time chronology is all jumbled around — and the people in the room are trying to explain the movie to me, although it’s still not making any sense, and clearly some of them were doing something else and haven’t seen the movie, and others have intricate explanations, and don’t understand why i ‘m confused. And so i reach out and start to play an Osmose, who/which was in the movie, i am playing quite marvelously and skillfully, and suddenly awake saying out loud, “Where is Osmose ?”

The chronology is all jumbled, i ordered the Osmose around the same time i ordered the Hydrasynth Keys, and have gotten four or five other new and interesting synths since as well. You are the group of people with whom i was watching and discussing the jumbled movie. Where is Osmose ?

By the way i’m not really that skillful a keyboard player. The Osmose though, at least the one in my dream, is the kind of instrument that just makes people sound good.

3 Likes

I hope it actually turn out to be as forgiving as it was in your dream

Where is Osmose

1 Like

I finally weakened and threw my Osmose savings into an Udo Super 6. I’m kinda gambling on being able to save up enough for it again before it actually shows, but perversely hoping my foolishness somehow speeds it up.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered when it was first possible to do so and have been trying to save for it ever since! Damn slippery money…

3 Likes

I should have preordered a few more… one for bedroom, one for travelling, one to keep mint, one to use in the studio and one as spare.

2 Likes

I’m still tempted to pick up a Continuum.

Here’s hoping…

30 days ETA :upside_down_face: counting the seconds

Latest newsletter update reveals further delays!

I had prepared myself for more delays (as I imagine we all did), but by this point I don’t really care. I want Expressive E to take their time and get it right.

The sustainability stuff is a nice added bonus.

Now if the world could kindly just not end before November.

3 Likes

Asked them about this. They said the ability to send midi CCs from the knobs/buttons will not make it into firmware v1, but they are planning on adding it.

1 Like

This delay probably suits me better to be honest. With working through selling off my OTB stuff that gives a couple of months to build back up the “what have I done?” vibes so Osmose should fill a nice hole :joy:

1 Like

I’d be surprised if delivery starts before December, perhaps even January.
… even then its quite possible the ‘ramp up’ will mean limited numbers initially.
lets just hope, they dont then hit Chinese new year.

the fact there is no talk about payment, I think means its still a bit ‘early days’ , as Im sure they will want to bill us the remaining amount at least 6-8 weeks before delivery.

But like others, I don’t mind really… it’ll turn up when its ready - if thats next year, so be it.

on the positive side, Im planning on going to Superbooth (next month) , and I assume Expressive E will have it there to play with :slight_smile:
of course, that could have the downside of making me less patient !

1 Like

i’m through being cool:

1 Like