Expressive E Osmose

That’s an awesome feature! I love the demonstrators little smiles throughout - confirming this thing is gonna be a joy to play

1 Like

That level of concentration is a huge reason why I want one these :slight_smile:

1 Like

It appears so… when he is using the arpeggiator with the string harp VST.

1 Like

This is confirmed at the end of the vid.
I was more wondering about setting up external instrument definitions for sending cc or nrpn from the knobs and buttons using the screen to scroll through pages.

Eg. I’ve got the Osmose controlling the OB-6 module with all the MPE arp fun. Would be good to be able to tweak OB-6 parameters without having to move focus from the Osmose.

1 Like

Yup, in the 2nd half of the vid, he demos control of Pianoteq harp, an Ableton plugin, etc. with the MPE Arpeggiator feature.

/swoon

1 Like

I hope the availibility will be different than a Cirklon.

The Cirklon peeps can’t claim COVID as an excuse, that’s for sure.

The email stated they only have components sourced for pre-orders. Who knows how long it will take to source components for any new and/or future orders.

1 Like

To be fair, that’s not quite true. They moved Sequentix to Berlin in part to try and expand their production capacity. This was not long before COVID and they then got hit with some major supply issues.
That, and I get the impression that they have a fairly relaxed approach to business :laughing:

1 Like

I just found the comparison to Sequentix amusing because I’ve been hearing about multi-year waits for a Cirklon for years, long before COVID.

Not as bad as the wait for a brand new VCS-3 though.

There was this one boutique analog delay pedal though that was notorious for Cirklon-ish wait times. Forgot the brand name though.

1 Like

Oh yeah. It was a bad wait before (I waited about 18 months) but it’s like 3 years now :scream: and showing no real signs of getting any better.

1 Like

And then finally after the full production release they’ll do a Modal on us and sneak out the 61/76/88 key versions.

1 Like

I use an MPE arpeggiator on the LinnStrument, but mostly to control external percussion, so I only use the Z dimension mapped to velocity to change the balance of the instruments in the groove. I haven’t yet bothered mapping Y and Z to filtering, etc. because it works well as it is, plus all those fingers on such small pads would be rather hard to control all three dimensions. I’m looking forward to trying the Osmose’s larger keys. LS’s small pads do have the advantage of putting many percussion pieces simultaneously under one hand so that I split between arpeggiating with one hand and comping with the other. LS has a patch where the bottom row controls clock division, so it’s nice to be able to stretch a thumb down to that; Osmose will require using your nose.

1 Like

Does anybody know how the connection between Eagen Matrix and Osmose works? I reckon you have much more possibilities when creating patches with the Eagen Matrix app. So then you “expose” / define some parameters that can be tweaked within the Osmose hardware? Or how does it work?

Loopop’s recent video of the Slim Continuum may give you some insight. It’s lengthy but a good insight into the Eagen matrix I think

But the Continuum doesn’t have any interface… ah… but he’s using the Electra One for that… my bad

2 Likes

If you look at its first video for the ContinuuMini, he uses the associated Software with it.

Official site says “use the editor”.

https://expressivee.happyfox.com/kb/article/156-what-will-the-editor-for-osmoses-sound-engine-be-like/

1 Like

Yeah, I think exactly that. It says that the software is already available in that the Eaganmatrix is available, but I guess it will need to be updated to allow for mapping of the Osmose macro controls?

1 Like