Expressive E Osmose

Just ask them if you really really want a piano sound in the Osmose - with specific expectations about what “advanced options” you want. Don’t forget to tell them what behaviors you expect when you move your fingers in various directions, apply pressure, tap on the key, etc.

I’m sure you’ll get an answer one way or another.

thanks for letting us know!

This is different from a vocoder, right? Gotta watch that loopoo video I guess :smiley: but they’re always so long

Hmm… super weird… safari on iOS (even the youtube app) and macOS don’t care about the t=660 – which minute/second is it?

(yeah I guess Youtube is punishing me for not watching their ads)

Wow :slight_smile: Resynthesis ftw! Looking forward to it… In 3 months, right?? :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess if they do add user audio for the Osmose resynthesis engine it will only be for pre-loaded samples, as opposed to live resynthesis (like the Rossum panharmonium)?

Unless they surprise us with audio in over usb. Or even a repurposing of the pedal inputs…

4 Likes

So… when is that update coming ? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, gear oracle ! Looking forward to the 28 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

28th of june? July? August? My guess: We are not getting it this summer. Only the update that it will take longer “than expected”.

1 Like

My updated guess is summer 2022

Summer ends mid September so plenty of time :joy: I can see it slipping to next year for sure though.

Meant to be an email out early next week with another new feature so hopefully an update soon.

Perfect timing for my money to grow up.

5 Likes

I’d like to think my keyboard playing skills will have improved by then but we’ll see.

1 Like

:disappointed:

I have an osmose shaped hole on my desk that is making me rather sad.

I still have to figure out where I’m going to set up the Osmose. The Monoprice stand helped get the Matriarch and mixer off my couch, but there’s more planning that needs to be done.

Well, the good thing is that you don’t need to “hurry up” :slight_smile:

yes, it’s a nice thing indeed

Newsletter just out.

Preorders from September now and a lovely looking arp feature being added.

2 Likes

Arpeggiator looks nice indeed!

1 Like

Holy shitballs, that arpeggiator looks cool.
Can’t wait to get my hands on it.
Do you reckon they will include a way to programme instrument definitions for external instruments using the knobs and buttons over various pages using the screen on the osmose?

It would be nice to use this as a fully functional midi controller

Arpeggiator was the one feature I asked them, I am thrilled that we were enough to ask for it that they put it on the road map.
Plus a MPE arp could be really game changing, with practice. I love this idea!

5 Likes