Expressive E Osmose

To be honest, I always thought 2020 was too much of an expectation with how the world is right now. No rush though!

Received in today’s email:

Below the above image is a button you click to apply for the test session. Presumably only customers who already preordered can apply.

Rest of the email is the obligatory “sorry we can’t promise we’ll be done by winter because COVID-19” statement.

Do you think it would be useful with a Hydrasynth?

At what time? I couldn‘t find it on the timetable

Have been checking out the EaganMatrix manual.
I didn’t realise it had an (albeit limited) granular engine:

“HarMan uses precision granular techniques to traverse and manipulate a very short (150ms) sample. A pre-loaded set of samples is provided within the “Spectral Sets” menu. Currently, it is not possible to load your own 150ms samples.”

The word “currently” is exciting.

Also:
“In addition to the tiny samples in the Spectral Sets menu, HarMan can granulate live input (recorded into the Delay buffer), but so far this possibility has been explored only by Continuum player and sound designer Benedict Slotte.”

???

This is the only further info I could find on that:

2 Likes

I was making myself ready … now I am a bit disappointed

2pm Eastern Time (ET) == 8pm in Europe - seems to be on the other side of the globe

But since Covid I have low expectations anyways for such events. Most of them end with bad audio/video quality that gets async after 10 minutes and too many people just talking and less well prepared talks. Remind me of early days of the internet with private google hangouts. I hope they prove me wrong!

1 Like

Anyone know how capable the Eaganmatrix is at FM?
I’ve seen the basic 2 op FM tutorial in the manual, but I would imagine it can go fairly deep beyond that?

Here’s a huge list of videos. I couldn’t find anything about fm, but maybe there is something somewhere:

3 Likes

By the way… is it Winter 2020 yet??!

Winter ends next March 20.

3 Likes

I reckon the surprise won’t be in our favor…

Next newsletter is scheduled for mid november.
Source : Expressive-E.

3 Likes

As long as Covid is around, you can’t count on anything to be delivered on schedule.

yeah, its difficult times for everyone… we have to be patient…

the fact we have not been asked for the balance of payment, suggests (to me) we are unlikely to see the Osmose very soon. ( 3-4 months?)

It’ll be a nice surprise when they announce shipping :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even newsletters it seems ! :rofl:

I guess it depends on what you consider to be “mid-November” and how impatient you are for the newsletter. I’m sure for some people it is exactly Midnight of Nov. 11 and even a few seconds after that is already late.

1 Like

For me, 30/2=15. So 15th of november is mid november. I don’t count seconds…:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m definitely behind schedule as far as restoring what little keyboard playing skill I used to have, so I could be productive on Osmose on the day it arrives. I haven’t been motivated by the newsletter being late.

Well, that’s my excuse

I finally grabbed a wavestate while waiting…Now it’s worse…I can’t wait to control it with the osmose…Facepalm ! :woozy_face:

I was tempted by the Wavestate myself, so I can’t blame ya.

The first MPE sound source I plan to test with Osmose s the Geoshred app, with the 2 GeoSWAM IAPs. Maybe the upcoming standalone Audio Modeling app too - I don’t like that they couldn’t work out a deal to add the brass instruments from the SWAM collection to GeoShred too and the new app doesn’t look promising as a controller, but they promise it will function as an MPE receiver.