Expressive E Osmose

As long as Covid is around, you can’t count on anything to be delivered on schedule.

yeah, its difficult times for everyone… we have to be patient…

the fact we have not been asked for the balance of payment, suggests (to me) we are unlikely to see the Osmose very soon. ( 3-4 months?)

It’ll be a nice surprise when they announce shipping :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even newsletters it seems ! :rofl:

I guess it depends on what you consider to be “mid-November” and how impatient you are for the newsletter. I’m sure for some people it is exactly Midnight of Nov. 11 and even a few seconds after that is already late.

1 Like

For me, 30/2=15. So 15th of november is mid november. I don’t count seconds…:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m definitely behind schedule as far as restoring what little keyboard playing skill I used to have, so I could be productive on Osmose on the day it arrives. I haven’t been motivated by the newsletter being late.

Well, that’s my excuse

I finally grabbed a wavestate while waiting…Now it’s worse…I can’t wait to control it with the osmose…Facepalm ! :woozy_face:

I was tempted by the Wavestate myself, so I can’t blame ya.

The first MPE sound source I plan to test with Osmose s the Geoshred app, with the 2 GeoSWAM IAPs. Maybe the upcoming standalone Audio Modeling app too - I don’t like that they couldn’t work out a deal to add the brass instruments from the SWAM collection to GeoShred too and the new app doesn’t look promising as a controller, but they promise it will function as an MPE receiver.

I got my summit, animoog, and tardigrain ready. Too bad sugarbytes never considered mpe because aparillo would be such a beast with mpe support…

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s right I have Animoog as well, and Model 15 for MPE testing.

is the Xerxes for me. I use the LinnStrument for the SWAM plugins, and I’m hoping to leave Geoshred to the iPad itself. Xerxes’s MPE mode, though, somehow doesn’t feel quite right from the LinnStrument. I expect it’s just a matter of tweaking settings more cleverly, but I just want to get that Osmose in there.

1 Like

I thought about ordering a Micromonsta 2 to have a hardware MPE box to drive, but then I decided I better not add yet another distraction from learning how to use the Osmose by itself - having the IOS apps is enough distraction.

1 Like

I’ve taken the opposite approach. I thought, even pre-covid, that we had no idea when we’d actually get our hands on our Osmoses, so I just figured wtf and spared no expense accumulating MPE synths. I was in the market for a poly, so I chose the Super 6 over other candidates even though its MPE isn’t implemented yet. A Hydrasynth, of course, and also a Xerxes plus another open-ended wait for the supposedly due-this-month Deckard’s Dream mkII. I do have the LinnStrument, so it’s not like I’m waiting for MPE functionality to exploit these things. At this point, though, stuff like the Micromonsta and Cobalt 8, while tempting, would be more of a distraction than needed functionality.

Oh, yeah: unfortunately, I bailed on the Iridium because of reliability/servicing concerns.

1 Like

It’s all good man. The gear that you got all look great, each piece in its own way.

I thought I’d have more time to make music and learn how to use my gear, apps, and whatnot with Covid lockdown, but instead, I ended up spending time looking for another job, prepping for job interviews, and on technical training/studies to increase my chances of landing the new job. So what time I had left over went to playing guitar instead of electronic gear.

2 Likes

Covid had me sell my continuum because work went down the rabbit hole…I’m glad you had the opportunity to “not count” ! But I’m still standing, yeah, yeah, yeah ! :rofl:

1 Like

I think that Expressive have handled this whole situation quite badly. I realize that it might be hard to know exactly when they’ll be able to ship, but I don’t see the point in continuing to give these optimistic release dates only to then have to disappoint everybody yet again (and again, and again).

Underpromise and overdeliver instead.

Last newsletter I received with Osmose news was from September.
Have I missed something?

they didn’t , last update(s) said they cannot commit to dates… due to the ‘fluidity’ of the situation.

at the best of times, releasing a new product is difficult, and milestone/deadlines get missed - its not unusual … and covid is making it worst.

I suspect the reason we have not had a recent ‘monthly’ newsletter… is progress has been slower than expected, and they have little to add at the moment.

(yes, Id like to see an update anyway… but I can also see, people arent going to be happy with “sorry, no real news on dates etc”)

2 Likes

btw… I hadn’t noticed, but expressive-e have a covid-19 page updated 3/11

this is what it has to say

personally, Id not read anything into 'We are doing our best to… deliver Osmose to early adopters at the end of the year 2020" , given it does not feel like much is under their control.

also, this pretty much is same status (no access to factories) as September update - so looks like very little is probably happening at the moment.

4 Likes

I half heartedly agree on this one. I know Covid has ripped up the road map Expressive E would’ve been working to but it’s been 11 months since I preordered. I think it’s fair to expect something more solid in terms of delivery. Recent chat stated Winter so I guess they “officially” have until mid March to keep to that timeline but I’d rather have a monthly update email saying very little than to ignore things until more to say. Personal preference perhaps but Expressive E haven’t looked to have been particularly active on social media for a month or so now.

1 Like