Erica Synths Techno System

This is wondeful

1 Like

Hello, Davy. These videos are not available anymore. Can you please repost them or send them to me? (i.pasmangiu@gmail.com). I would like to hear what you made with the techno system. Iā€™m thinking of buyng the system for 6 months now, but so far, none of the demos convinced me to hit the pay button :))

Funny to hear the Midi CC being touted as an advantage of the AB. Thatā€™s why I sold it. :smiley: I couldnā€™t stand the way it hoarded ever midi channel and foisted midi management needs on the user.

This is fantastic!

1 Like

Yes, donā€˜t know why but all the different dnb tracks posted on elektronauts ( also polyend tracker) sound great and interesting while when i listen to dnb podcasts ( also the big names) i get bored after 12 minutes.

What makes the techno system a must-have is that a suitcase is included ( and those typewriter keys on the sequencer). Maybe one day far awayā€¦

1 Like

I reorded another session some weeks ago, its more athmospheric this time and i swapped DTK for DT. It takes a little more time to prepare something on the DT, but as long as you stay in your scale it doesnā€™t relly matter what you put in there I guess? :smiley: Whole preparation took about 2 hours.

Maybe you enjoy this one as well.

I do know indeed that itā€™s not the ā€œoriginalā€ Techno System any more, thatā€™s why I didnā€™t bother tormenting this thread, but wellā€¦ As there is someone who seems to be enjoying this to some degree, here you are :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I do enjoy this one as well! Trust me I know it takes forever to prepare even just enough to jam.

1 Like

my review of the sample drum:

4 Likes

Not exactly the techno system

Iā€™m eyeing the Techno System but not sure whether itā€™s a wise decision. Does anyone here use it and have experiences theyā€™re willing to share?

Thank you fellow ā€˜nauts!

Whatā€™s your intended use case? Iā€™ve not used one but it might help to know what you intend to use it for.

Great questionā€”I want to use it to play live, sweaty, cathartic techno sets (even if those live sets are just me in my home office).

:metal::robot::metal:

1 Like

Mods,

There is already a thread for the Techno System:

Can we merge these please?

Cheers!

1 Like

Sorry for posting in the wrong spot! Thanks Mods!

Now that Iā€™m in the right spot, a bit more detail.

I have never used modular, but love hardware. I have Perkons, db-01, and zen delay from Erica, which means Iā€™m pretty sure the Techno System would be overkillā€¦.it just looks/sounds so tasty.

Peer pressure is invited!

1 Like

Itā€™s a great deal of money to spend on something that is specialized for techno. Given you already have those three Erica standalones, Iā€™d say you need to make a case (to yourself, not to us) as to why this is the right addition to them. I would say (1) if you want to do more with techno and donā€™t think those are adequate, think of more standalones that would complement them, and (2) if you want to do modular, think about what individual pieces you would get and why, rather than going for a complete system, especially this one.

1 Like

Itā€™s definitely something Iā€™ve looked at for years. Iā€™ll probably get one some day.

If you want a 909, samples and a bassline synth with a lot of CV control and seriously flexible routing in one package, then thereā€™s nothing that beats the Techno System.

To me itā€™s a complete techno studio in a case, but I guess you have to really like the sound of it. Plus itā€™s too much money for me and I hate Eurocrack.

If you can afford one, get one.

4 Likes

I got one about a year ago (2nd hand, for a correct price). I still love it, and I make much more music with it than with my AR and A4. But I am 100% into live improvisation and patching from scratch, and much less into intricate sound design and producing. As I mentioned somewhere above in this feed, I think, I do not really consider the Techno System a ā€˜modularā€™ system, simply because the modulation options of most modules are rather limited. Think of it more as a ā€˜909 on steroidsā€™ (I read this in a review somewhere). The modules sound very good, the fx as well, and the three mixers are very flexible. The bassline is excellent, and the dual sample module is really good! For playing live, I added a Quadrantid Swarm for a second synth voice, and I swapped the Link module for a WMD stereo compressor and a Make Noise output module + headphone out. And I changed the bass drum for V2 (much better envelopes), and I finally added a little 500 lunchbox with Elysia Xfilter, Xpressor and Karacter for shaping/controlling the masterā€¦

3 Likes

Live improv would be my intent hereā€”itā€™s my favorite form of music making, Iā€™m all about the meditative nature of improvisation. I def donā€™t need, but def do want. Time to jam and get my mind off it! :nerd_face::robot::metal:

1 Like

Iā€™ve been waivering on obtaining a Techno System for at least a couple years. It is such a well thoughtout collection of Erica Synth modules, and would probably work nicely with my 4-piece Moog semi-modular setup.

1 Like

just recored this with the techno system

played live with

erica synths techno system
hapax
bitbox mirco
dreadbox typhon X2
erica synths fusion box
rc 505 mk II (looper)
time tosser

4 Likes