Erica Synths Techno System

One thing about the Erica Dual FX module, I have to turn my sound sources down to as little as 20% to avoid HORRIBLE clipping. Really extremely annoying to me - it’s meant for Eurorack but doesn’t actually work for it. Massive attenuation needed on the way in and massive gain needed on the way out, none of which the module provides at all.

I like the module but this is extremely disappointing and totally impractical.

I can’t wait to have the funds raised for this as well. Will take some time though.

are there any sites (soundcloud accounts, etc.) that specialize in recordings of the ESTS? i’d like to hear more examples of it in action, especially solo.

So, I guess it’s not a real and authentic techno system any more since I swapped some modules for plaits, plonk and varigate 4+.

But wow, this opens up a new world of wysiwyg hands-on groovebox.

Actually only resurrecting this thread to give @tumulishroomaroom a big thanks for pointing out Tendrils cables. Now the lid closes smoothly without me being worried to break stuff.

Looks much more cramped than it actually is, it is a one knob per function techno machine as I imagined.

And yes, I know this is an Elektron forum, it all runs through my OT, but for some live action I guess it will be coming through DT, also out of the picture :wink: wouldn’t want to make music without my beloved Swedish boxes :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I made some recordings, but you have to get used to my (monotonous) style :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/jingo-f

The latest three or four tracks are TS… And a small skiff sometimes…

9 Likes

bkm panels makes black versions of varigate and plaits fyi. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Haha, thanks for the tip :joy:

I’m happy I fumbled them in, I’m not much of a craftsman myself. So, they stay where they are and won’t be removed again in the near future…

(remind me of that when the next iteration strikes in 2 months or so :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes
8 Likes

Sometimes I feel like trading my shared system for a techno system would be a good idea. Then again I doubt. Best would be to have both I guess. Money!

4 Likes

Cant have enough modules :wink:

I was just wondering how to deal with the lid not closing, then saw this post! Thanks!

1 Like

The cables aren’t cheap, but now all the pre-patched madness comes with me when I head out to play some techno.

They are called tendrils, bought them at signalsounds.

1 Like

i thought these were made to be patched with normal cables and able to have the lid closed , like just the ones on erica synths site , just wondering cuz i got a bunch with my acid box III from my man kodek xD

Well, I guess it should work, I just thought that the whole thing was too expensive to risk anything :slight_smile:

Erica Synths cables are super soft and smooth, I guess they should actually do the trick.

1 Like

After homeoffice and quarantine is over, first thing I pulled out of the attic was the techno system. Some dnb for a change, it was kinda fun actually.

Enjoy, I guess? :slight_smile:

Cheers guys

19 Likes

That was great, @manolo! Very atmospheric along with the energetic beats.

Thanks for posting it. I like the other vids in your channel, too. Looking forward to the next one.

1 Like

Wow, that’s very nice, thank you very much!

so good. Those pads and bass come from the Techno system itself ? Or external ?

1 Like

Thank you!

It’s all coming from the system. The pad is the basslines module with an opened envelope running through dual FX and dual drive with an LFO working.

Bass and chord stabs are coming from the sample drum module and the internal wavefolder and also some dual FX and dual drive.

I did some EQing and Limiting in Ableton, but aside from that it’s techno system only.

3 Likes

Hm, I really didn’t know that DnB was so much fun… When playing techno, I always have all sounds and patterns and sequences prepared, for me it’s much harder to come up with something.

But here… A beat on the Erica Synths Techno System (replaced BD and Toms with another Sample Drum and a vpme QD for much more versatility) and only the sounds prepared on the DN keys. These two are a match from heaven when it comes down to DnB (at least for my taste in DnB).

Enjoy again, hopefully!

Cheers, manolo

8 Likes