Erica Synths Techno System

The case has 0,5A@+5V connectors for 6 Fusion Modules :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not even a crossfader?? :wink: :slight_smile:

1 Like

It has 16 Banks of 16 Patterns to store songs, 16 Drum Triggers, 1 CV and Gate channel for a synth, 2 Lfos for modulation, which can be configured in the Drum Sequencer, Song Mode and yes it saves. Also has P lock, microtiming, probability, shuffle, etc. Its a really good sequencer :slight_smile:

No cross fader hah ha

Ah misread - sample drum not drum sequncer lol

I was not clear. I mean the sample drum module by erica that is to be released has no special functionality.
The sequencer does everything I need :slight_smile:

1 Like

So why waitā€¦

1 Like

Exactly - go for it!!! :smile:

1 Like

pulled the trigger on the lyra 8 today.
preordered the sample drum.

didnā€™t think so but (for me) thereā€™s (currently) no need for additional zaps, boings, shakers and what not.

having the bassline forā€¦ well, basslines, the lyra 8 for atmos and the sample drum for the occasional stabs should be sufficient to get you through the night i guess.

1 Like

I just want to say if Iā€™ve offended anyone that wasnā€™t my intention.

GAS has been a big problem for me and Iā€™ve only recently got a handle on it so it kind of saddens me to see someone throwing themselves into it hell for leather.

Iā€™d kill for a techno system myself but if I had the money I know for myself paying that much for an instrument and then doing so again would be a big red flag for me that I need to look at my purchases from an outside perspective again.

I can also see that my comments could be taken personally given this is a gear forum and people here are very passionate about their toys as I amā€¦

So again if Iā€™ve offended anyone my apologies.

I hope that at least some of you can see my intentions for what they where meant.

Best

Luke

21 Likes

You seem to be highly focused on money. How about the several BILLION phones and other ā€˜consumerā€™ electrical goods that get thrown away every year, largely into landfill. Is that not more of a concern than someone spending some money on some music gear which will be used by him or other musicians for many many years into the future?

Iā€™m clear on which of the above is worst at least.

1 Like

He apologizedā€¦
Letā€™s move on, shall we?

14 Likes

I work in waste management, recycling and take care of the largest territory in my country for the largest company in the industry in the Southern Hemisphere and am studying environmental scienceā€¦

I understand all this only too well and know very well how much goes to waste in todayā€™s society as is part of my job to find and home for it and recycle as much as possible.

Hence yes this is also part of my concern.

1 Like

A quick question, have you managed to get Bar Auto Copy working, as in when you extend from 16 to 32 steps it automatically copies the first bar to the second? Itā€™s supposed to be a feature, iā€™ve it enabled in the menu but nothings happening? Iā€™ve done a quick google to see if itā€™s an issue and found nothing :slight_smile:

funny, i also stumbled over this. i remember reading about this feature but when i extended some tracks to more than one bar, no trigs were there.

but as i had my hands already there and because the sequencer buttons are so well layed out, all missing trigs were placed even before i finished asking myself wehre they are :slight_smile:

so, currently the workflow of putting in trigs doesnā€™t let me miss or search the copy bar function and i didnā€™t even bother looking for it, sorry no help here.

one thing though is the transport section in General:

coming from Elektron Units i somehow burned ā€œdouble-tap stopā€ into my brain and my muscle memory. and well, this just doesnā€™t work here but is rather pausing-unpausing the sequencer, which triggers another double-tap from my side, whichā€¦ you see where this is going :slight_smile:

and i canā€™t reproduce it, but sometimes i have the feeling that the cv track is a little bit off when i start the sequencer. did you encounter something similar?

but this could also come from missing concentration after 4 hours of use or so :smiley:

1 Like

Youā€™ve been busy then, I got up far to early today 2.30 am!!! Burnt out now and need a kip but all the Bulldog gang are waking so i have to sort them :smile: Itā€™s addictive

Iā€™ll live without the copy feature for now.

I tried to recreate what you said about the cv being slightly behind but didnā€™t notice it. So maybe you are burnt out :smile: Could also be a shuffle or micro timing on the first note you may have forgotten about?

Iā€™ve got a sort of cool groove going at the moment, just saved it and going to switch off for now and come back later today when iā€™m not so tired :slight_smile:

Put up some of your music to help take the bad look off me as I post stuff all the time :smile:

haha, rest well.

donā€™t have the infrastructure to make videos like you. my 2 year old would have to be ā€œsteady cam girlā€ and that will not be going well :joy:

1 Like

Y? You got two eyesā€¦

I totally feel you, and respect for this statements well!

Iā€™m still sulkily shuffling my feet :angry: and have yet to give the Patch statement a heart. :grinning::grinning::rofl:

It would make an excellent video though as goodness knows what would be filmed :smile:

2 Likes

Imagine this in the techno case :heart_eyes:

3 Likes