Erica Synths Techno System

I’ve been busy selling gear to fund my
System to go with the techno system

So far I’ve ordered the Techno systems case all the fusion modules and another drum sequencer :grinning:

It’s going to be a cross between the dada noise and drone system with a sprinkle of Va va voom on top!

The case is 104hp x 2 so I should be able to cover off both systems taking in account modules they share :grinning:

one other thing: do you trust the lid to be high enough to close it for transportation with cables still patched?

i tried, but i have the feeling that there is indeed some pressure on the modules. unpatching and repatching could be a thing, as there are like 40 cable patched right now, that’s not even the final form :sweat_smile:

Yeah theres some serious patching with it, I always go nuts with the patching :smile: I’ll have a look at it later :slight_smile:

Image result for reverse cross eyed

2 Likes

I’d probably make that face a lot if I had two ESTSystems

1 Like

My face is like that as I’ve had hardly any sleep the last few days :smile:

Have a look at right angled cables (such as Tendrils) , it really helps to de-clutter and also to close your case.

1 Like

soooo. First test ride with an actual pattern…

It’s a simple 4/4 beat, kind of a simple and plain pattern / track. The point i tried to make is that the demos currently avaiable are not the only sounds this thin can make. We all know that the plain vanilla 4/4 beat is the easiest to make, so here we go :slight_smile:

especially kodek uses a lot of distortion on the kick drum, but it can sound more or less clean, too. Don’t know what soundcloud does to the file but I promise, it sounded reasonably clean on my headphones :smiley:

All sounds directly from a single stereo out directly into ableton, low cut at 30 hz and some normalisation / limiting, the sounds are pretty much 100 % techno system.

Wonder what it can do in genres like D’n’B / Anthona Rother style electro, … so much things to explore :slight_smile:

please rate the sound, not the track :sweat_smile: Individual track levels need some adjustment the next time.

Hats / cymbals and bassline through FX (can create nice atmos through FX), Clap / Snare through Drive Module. Rest pretty much as is, not much Compression going on as I’m still not to comfortable with the settings, still need to learn how to properly use it. Didn’t use too much of the sequencer capabilities, too…

Be gentle :smiley:

https://soundcloud.com/sonic_custody/ests-first-ride

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing. The techno System seems very flexible and versatile. If I had some spare money I would definetly go for one, but I am afraid I would face something between getting shot or chopped my head off by my whole family when buying one… :wink:

1 Like

oh sigh.

my biggest fear is of course the same as most of us i guess: when i die, my wife will be selling all my gear for what i told her i payed for it :smile:

but well, i do earn good money, i’m not partying much, i don’t wear expensive clothes, i drive a standard car… and the rent will be paid and there’s food in the fridge.

Rest is my personal Entertainment i guess :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Second that, no extravagant lifestyle here… Time to save up :slight_smile:

More Than A Party?

Yep :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Sounding good. Don’t forget to try and get some sleep though, I suffered today as I was up way too early :smile:

Been eyeing this thing for a minute. I want it… 4k though… This is like a big boy toy!

1 Like

As a heads uo to anyone that might be considering adding the Erica Drum Sequencer to their modular set up you can get it for £95 cheaper from Juno than most other outlets when you use the Click now for a lower price function and they’ve 4 in stock.

1 Like

Hope you are getting a discount from Erica Synths considering how much you are buying from them. Are you buying direct? Anyhow you should definitely get a discount.

1 Like

I ordered the Travel Case direct, the rest I’ve sourced by price matching and discounts through various other outlets :slight_smile:

So far managed to rack up

Fusion VCO
Fusion VCF
FusionVCA
Fusion Mixer
Fusion Ring Modulator
Fusion Delay/Flanger FX
Octasource
2 x Octasource Expansion
Octasource CV
Drum Sequencer
Travel Case
Black Dual EG/LFO
Black Modulator

Still a few things to add such as the CV Joystick, Blackhole Module, another mixer, and maybe another filter and vco and some mults and a link module, hope the case is big enough!

Should sound mean!!!

Not going to drag my feet on this and just get it built as soon as I can, its going to provide drones, noise, fx, sound manipulation as well as being a self contained instrument than can be sequenced from the drum sequencer :slight_smile:

Just to update this I’ve sourced a Drone System at a cheap price as it was a return so grabbed it, plus I’ve also just added the Erica Graphic VCO, Blackhole v2 and the Black Output Module. Maybe another filter some mults and a mixer away from being finished :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Absolutely fantastic

1 Like

so, apparently there’s a seperate drum sequencer - release note for 1.043 which lists features seperately from the actual manual…

in there there’s something that may be of interest for you…

Second Config Page: to access it press SHIFT & PLAY two times while sequencer is stopped.

Bar Auto Copy: Set CPY to AUT in said 2nd config page.

(also in there is a reset out which should deliver my “Stop means actually stop and reset” - requirement :slight_smile: )

maybe something to do for you before you get all your new toys tomorrow and before you will be occupied screwing your modules together :smiley: