Erica Synths Techno System

Agree this would make a very nice system ! And it exists in black as well :alien:

Actually someone on muff went Erica-all-in and built this :

8 Likes

Killer system

Well after the car crash that was Tuesday -

Donā€™t mix alcohol and medicine!!! So Apologies for the random nuttiness!!! And I guess Iā€™ll never be a role model or a shining light :blush:

Hereā€™s another play about with the Techno System

Focussed on the performance aspects of the drum sequencer in case itā€™s of interest to anyone :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was planning something down tempo and ambientā€¦

Didnā€™t work out that way :smile:

Had to bin this one as one of my bank cards was visible in the video :smile:

By far the best one by now. Headnodding awayā€¦

Good stuff :slight_smile: Glad you enjoyed it.

I think Iā€™m going to park the Sounds from the Shed project for a while. I was sitting today doing a video and wondered what I was actually achieving. And had I let it become more about the bling (gear!) than the music. Plus I seem to attracting a lot of venom from different quarters and I canā€™t really be arsed with that :smile:

So Iā€™m going to spend some time completing a few songs may release an EP under a different project name with no videos and trying some different stuff out rather than producing demos and showing a load of gear.

Still going to grab the other Erica stuff but keep it to myself this time :grin:

4 Likes

Iā€™d love to see more videos/photos once you craft this EP.
I love seeing your videos.
Not only is it cool to see such a set up, they sound REALLY GOOD the way you use them.
Thereā€™s plenty of us whoā€™d like to hear and see what you are doing with the Erica Synth rig plus whats left of the AS stuff.
Looking forward to the EP.
If I were you Iā€™d post on Vimeo as opposed to YouTube.
People are a lot more polite and supportive if they comment, plus it just looks better.

3 Likes

keep it, dont need 2 cents right now

6 Likes

Ps- I said ā€œif you donā€™t already give to charityā€

Itā€™s like buying two ferraris

You can only drive one at a time so itā€™s excessive and wasteful.

Iā€™ll ride my high horse all day if I like just like his right to waste his money and flaunt it on the internet. But donā€™t do it and expect no one to say anything.

Ignoring the name calling side of things Iā€™ll address the muddy mess point

Theres 6 mixers, 10 seperate audio outs plus I have a qu32, if i ended up with a muddied mess Iā€™d be doing something very badly wrong.

Not that Iā€™m saying Iā€™m a genius but it would be very hard to make them sound bad together.

And sharing gear purchases on a synth site is flaunting? I love reading about the stuff people get. Maybe Iā€™m doing it wrong?

You need to chill Patch

Anyway thatā€™s all I have to say regarding this as I tend to get frequent holidays from the site for engaging in these matters with too much vigour :

5 Likes

Lets just ignore whoever it is and move forward

2 Likes

soooo.

received mine today. what a friggin beast. guys, those demos out there and even @DavyP 's efforts just donā€™t do this box any justice.

gotta say, it feels and sounds great.

BD decay on lowest setting is still a tiny bit too long, gotta see how i can work around that with the onboard lfos.

played around for some hours for now, didnā€™t find anything else that bothers me so far.

say hi to our new memberā€¦

3 Likes

Hah ha congratulations

I hope the tepid atmosphere in here doesnā€™t kill the buzz :+1:

And for god sake donā€™t buy another what-ever you do :smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™d buy a couple of these but I donā€™t like the handle.

Iā€™ll get some volcas instead.

Seriously???

Ridiculous with the money flaunting comments. Have you seen a Stradivarius before? Or a buchla 200e? Serious cash. But completely up to the musician to decide what they want to do with or without them. More choice is great. Regardless of cost. Down with the negativity on all places an electronic music forum. We are meant to be the folks that understand sacrifing time and money into a hobby or into an art. There are enough skeptics in the world. Donā€™t let yourself be one. Especially in such a niche community.

12 Likes

we will see how this turns out when honeymoon is over.

i am still thinking of my first hardware rig, which was a tanzbƤr and an A4. got carried away then and acquired way to much stuff along the way, now sold it all and got back to the roots, having a backbag full of experiences and know-how picked up along the way.

still not sure what to pair it with. thinking of a lyra 8, seems to be obvious with that kind of sounds. have to think about it for some days.

2 Likes

2 monitors 2 many
You can only look at one at a time

3 Likes

I feel like the love child of Zippy from Rainbow and Chandler from the Episode of Friends where he couldnā€™t be sarcastic :smile:

So much could be said :smile:

friends-chandler

1 Like

Have you considered the Erica Drone System? Not sure what style of music you go for though but I have a ton of ideas in my head I could try with them paired up :slight_smile:

1 Like