Erica Synths Techno System

Hah ha congratulations

I hope the tepid atmosphere in here doesn’t kill the buzz :+1:

And for god sake don’t buy another what-ever you do :smile:

3 Likes

I’d buy a couple of these but I don’t like the handle.

I’ll get some volcas instead.

Seriously???

Ridiculous with the money flaunting comments. Have you seen a Stradivarius before? Or a buchla 200e? Serious cash. But completely up to the musician to decide what they want to do with or without them. More choice is great. Regardless of cost. Down with the negativity on all places an electronic music forum. We are meant to be the folks that understand sacrifing time and money into a hobby or into an art. There are enough skeptics in the world. Don’t let yourself be one. Especially in such a niche community.

12 Likes

we will see how this turns out when honeymoon is over.

i am still thinking of my first hardware rig, which was a tanzbär and an A4. got carried away then and acquired way to much stuff along the way, now sold it all and got back to the roots, having a backbag full of experiences and know-how picked up along the way.

still not sure what to pair it with. thinking of a lyra 8, seems to be obvious with that kind of sounds. have to think about it for some days.

2 Likes

2 monitors 2 many
You can only look at one at a time

3 Likes

I feel like the love child of Zippy from Rainbow and Chandler from the Episode of Friends where he couldn’t be sarcastic :smile:

So much could be said :smile:

friends-chandler

1 Like

Have you considered the Erica Drone System? Not sure what style of music you go for though but I have a ton of ideas in my head I could try with them paired up :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, considered it, but it’s just too much on the experimental side for me.

doesn’t seem to deliver a single musical tone… but looking forward to your Videos :grinning:

1 Like

So the Channel retirements gone well :smile:

I came up with this tonight and wanted to share it as i thought it sounded good.

Some crazy sounds from the Techno System, it’s a kind of slow evolving THING. All sounds and Fx techno system

I made use of the drone in both vco’s and then modulated them and ran them through the dual fx and used micro timing on the Percussion to move it a little off beat. The Drum Sequencer has a lot in common with the Elektron boxes in this way when it comes to some of its features.

5 Likes

I second that Lyra goes well with this. It’s great for underlying drones and atmosphere. Although if you think the drone system is too experimental then be prepared to be surprised by the Lyra ahah.

Here’s something with my own -incomplete- Erica techno system plus Lyra :

1 Like

Nice sounds there. I was waiting for some full power drum and bass beat to kick in! :+1::muscle:

haha, i actually mistook the fusion drone system with the Dada Noise System :smiley:

Fusion Drone would have been an option if I hadn’t already spent 4,2k on the Techno System :slight_smile:

Just pulled the Trigger on a Lyra 8 with Decksaver for 500 EUR, price seemed fair.

How do people ‘control’ such chaos. Thats the part of this i don’t undertand. Or is it just appreciation of randomization ?

My dream setup. Saving up for a techno system right now. New to modular synths hence the wish for a complete system as a starting point. I’ve read some stuff about different levels. Modular vs line level. Is it possible to put a line level signal into one of the mixer modules of the system or do I need an amplifier… Sorry for my noob question.

usually there are dedicated modules for external line input/output

1 Like

Noise Engineering modules though…

2 Likes

yeah, they sound great I admit. Just an expensive route, while Rytm and MD are really powerful packages as well

I agree… a TR8S got me covered for drums (complete with mixing, sequencing, effects, jammin-friendly interface) while costing less than 2 basimilus… but still I like to trigger some of my modules with the TR :slight_smile:

Yes, it is somewhat expensive, but i don’t want to open up that discussion again :smiley:

I cannot stress enough that you guys need to take a test ride if you get the chance to do so.

It really kicks my rytms ass in terms of tweakability. and that is (for me) one of the most important things in techno… constant changes over time with all the parameters. twist and turn those knobs. always. it’s like having alle the param pages of all tracks layed out in front of you. well, at least the important parameters.

I mean, I do love the performance mode on the Rytm, i just don’t like the fact that it doesn’t stay there where i want it to (besides, you have to think of parameter changes in advance and can’t really go with the flow).

and it really sounds just huge and beautiful, if you want to, it also can sound harsh and destroying. FX are really well thought out. Drive module isn’t as harsh sounding as the youtube-vids are suggesting.

But as I said, this is my first impression and I think I have to say all of this to justifiy this acquisition. Lets see how this turns out when honeymoon is over, but right now, I would rate 10/10, definitely buy again :smiley:

3 Likes