Erica Synths PĒRKONS HD-01

Drum machines with inbuilt sequencer, analog filters, master compression and distortion, automation, individual outs, price point. I see A LOT of overlap.
Differences are individual sequencer tracks, digital voices, fewer voice count, insert tracks, knob per function with fewer functions.
I don’t feel bad about comparing them at all, as they still seem too similar to me.

Respect. That’s how I acquire new gear. I save up. The octatrack/digitone/analog heat took a year of saving each, Some things are worth waiting for.
Besides, most new stuff is released full of bugs anyway. If you buy it later the annoying shit is all ironed out.
Fuck buy it now
Save up for shit. Buy it later.

11 Likes

I think I like how Erica Synth’s new drum machine looks more than it sounds. I much prefer how this boutique analog drum machine sounds.

5 Likes

Yeah its all a matter of personal tastes innit.
Id rather have that Recodrum than a Perkson.

But then I have a TR8-S, which I like very much and it kind of makes all other drum machines seem a bit, meh, for me anyway.

2 Likes

Yea like @Microtribe said. Personal tastes, because that’s a hard no from me haha

I don’t like the sound of it, or the knobs they used, but I like that they had the balls to do it.

2 Likes

The model sounds better. :joy:

You’ll figure it out.

1 Like

Just good sounding, broad palette and a solid workflow?

I always hunger for raw sounds like the PERKONS (love my Rytm for similar reasons.)

I’ll probably force myself to hold out on the Erika machine until the Syntakt comes out and I can compar. Good way to keep from preordering :o

Hopefully this isn’t just a repost, but I thought this demo was interesting as it was a little different to the others I’ve heard.

18 Likes

Finally one with the drive knobs dialled down :grin:

9 Likes

Awesome! Seems Kodek had some time to practice during SB…

Pretty cool! I really like this thing! Very immediate and fun with a lot of potential. But I can’t afford it without selling my Pulsar and I will not do that for sure. In fact I would use them together. Maybe it’s time to say goodbye to my Nord Drum and Octatrack? Well, I still have enough time to think about it…

1 Like

Should you ever let the ND2 go, I just wanted to kindly let you know I’m the person you call. :wink:

Super glad you’re not thinking of selling the P23.

2 Likes

Oh nice! Look at the individual sequencers. One is 3 steps, the other is 5, etc…

@mynewcolour does this interest you more now? It’s polymeter, but still neat!

Four lanes is very hands-on.

The capacity for polymeters and subdivisions is normal really … not the short divisions that would be nice to see. It’s common in software but not hardware.

1 Like

Wow just wow. I love this instrument. Pretty sure I’m going to get one. I’ve been dreaming of an instrument like this with a few other instruments for improvisation techno. Drool. Not often that I’m so instantly in love with an instrument.

5 Likes

Tell me about it. It just feels right! Sometimes it’s not about comparing the features :upside_down_face:

I just know I can turn it on and with very little effort have something massive going.

1 Like

I like how this sounds! Finally!!!

Exactly I’ve been waiting for something a little more clean sounding. This was perfect!