Erica Synths PĒRKONS HD-01

Interesting!
I’m still not dribbling into my porridge over this, but that sounds way more intriguing than the other demos.

1 Like

Best description. This is like the luxury upgrade to my DFAM. But I love the DFAM for what it does so much, and it’s way under $1k.

If this box was half as much or less, I think it would sell like hotcakes, but for 2k its a bit rich.

I really love the build, the sound…its super cool. I get why the asking price is high, it appears to be a high quality build.

5 Likes

Totally understood. I think this plus a DFAM (or two) would be such an industrial beast of a combo. That’s what I am hoping for at least heh

2 Likes

Bless this man that has been repeating the same pitch for 4 days.

4 Likes

another perkons jam, this one from @blushresponse

5 Likes

Already owning a Rytm and a LXR-02, I have no reason to be lusting after this thing as much as I am.

4 Likes

The hands on sequencer looks really great for playing, but the sounds just don’t have that crispness/punch that I want, I actually think it seems more interesting to use for non drum sounds, I wonder if they will do a sequencer only version or a sample based one down the line? Hope so.

Edit: Love the colour, and the sequencer reminds me of the Eko Computerhythm a bit.

9 Likes

Yeah me too :smile:
Awesome jams these too videos :point_up_2:
It looks like it would be so much fun to jam on!
Like an LXR full hands-on.

2 Likes
5 Likes

5:30am vibes on a Saturday afternoon.

ahah… must admit… nothing like a bangin session to sell me something. :laughing:

1 Like

now imagine being the erica synths crew running the stand and having to endure these jams for days on end. Did they have multiple of these set up? :smile:

1 Like

I’m sure they’re fine with this !

Just wondering why they don’t show the send return thing on each channel ? That is a unique selling point according to me , boh.

1 Like

Yeah, they had a few of these set up. This year I actually regret not going to the Booth…

It seemed they had already trouble balancing the field recorders behind the Perkons on that stand. No space for fx.

1 Like

For me personally, the P23 is not immediate. It takes a fair amount of time and thought to get it to an interesting place. On the other hand, the Perkons looks incredibly immediate, more so than the Elektron drum machines. I though the P23 would function in my setup as something I could be “reckless” with, while being more precise and thoughtful with my other gear. But it really hasnt served that role well. Thinking this could be better.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! As a drummachine Perkons seems a full on party machine for sure. I am not looking for a drummachine myself.

1 Like

Best overview to date, I like this guys vibe, who is he?

11 Likes

Why am I Mr. Pinkmask? How 'bout if I’m Mr. Purplemask? That sounds good to me. I’ll be Mr. Purplemask.

You’re not Mr. Purplemask. Some guy at some other booth is Mr. Purplemask. You’re Mr. PINKMASK!

4 Likes

But, yeah, most in-depth and honest commentary, and by far the most compelling performance to date. Still not for me (this made me appreciate how LARGE this unit is) but I now look forward to what others create with it.

2 Likes