Erica Synths PĒRKONS HD-01

The whole thing is right up my street.

I like the sound.

I like the interface.

I like the sequencer.

I like the I/O.

I fucking like it.

Might actually save up and buy this one without selling all my other gear (which will be interesting given my income is £0).

14 Likes

Why?

1 Like

Because they want to?

1 Like

Really, I mean are you serious? Why, the sequencer? Honestly looking for feedback because Pulsar is still nr 1 on my list atm.

I thought you were out of beat driven music for now? Back in?

I can immagine the complexity of the soma pulsar doesn’t help to create music. 90% of ytvideos suck, like farting machines

It’s ok, it’s gonna take me a year to afford it.

4 Likes

Totally, I don’t focus on real music atm.

I do live soundwashes, minimalistic or overwhelming walls of sound… to accompany experimental theatre/dance improvisations/pieces.

For me a Pulsar makes sense. I prefer to not know completely what’s coming next.

And if I need a steady beat I can take a DFAM/Tanzbar/OT with me & still drone and stutter the Pulsar.

3 Likes

Ok this is like a mega DFAM… Awesome!

Damn this would sound so good with a HEAT

@Fin25 welp looks like I’m on the list for it now

1 Like

I want to sell everything for some drum computer nect to my moog matriarch. No menu’s, no storage , Amazing sounds even without patching. My elektron boxers look shy and pale now (love my dt &ah)

I am afraid the pulsar 23 is too complex, this one might be nice

1 Like

Really good idea, if I make dance music I am in the same boat!

I imagine the Perkons would be a great addition to an Octatrack and Rytm setup.

Hope I can test this thing somewhere soon.

The hands on factor is strong in the Perkons! :blush:

3 Likes

I hope the booth is not overloaded tomorrow!!! Want to try it too.

3 Likes

I’d love to hear Kodek twist & shape whilst a good drummer played into the triggers.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how much Erica is handling the firmware given that Sonic Potions developed the mk-1 which is very similar to the mk-2 from what I can tell. If they are, Erica was/is responsive with updates to the Sample Drum and their Sequencers to fix bugs and add functionality.

They have proven to be able to update their devices while putting out a lot new products so I don’t see why they can’t show the Perkons, given that they undoubtedly having been working on it for awhile.

It might be more on Sonic than Erica anyway…

1 Like

Also … and off topic …

When are expensive drum machines going to allow polymeters? Is eurorack or a Pyramid the only option still?

This one has polymeters.

4 Likes

All Elektrons do this. Maybe you mean Polyrhythms?

1 Like

Ah yeah… I meant polyrhythm

I seem get those wrong 100% of the time :thinking:

4 Likes

Not specifically a drum machine but the Blackbox can do polyrythm

3 Likes