Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I quite liked my LXR, but the M:C is so much wilder…

Hats were much better than the metal machine though.

1 Like

…my lxr 1 by sonic potions, the only diy kit i own is instant big floor hard techno straight to pa like nothing else…the digital drum synth with the biggest balls…

can’t find anything about the morph function, to blend betweent two different drum sets in the erica version…

can only hope, THAT function remains in the erica version…

3 Likes

There’s also the photo , there’s a morph button on it.

2 Likes

There have been a few times I’ve considered the original LXR over the years but never quite spent the cash because I’ve got so many drum machines already… the additional features on this and the look of it have my wallet feeling anxious…

OK… so I don’t have any euclidean sequencing on my drums so that’s tempting…

I used to really enjoy the repeat function on mine, I sold it and got a Rytm Mk1 and then sold that and got a Push 2 :expressionless:

3 Likes

The new sliders are making me want this though.

I’ve been thinking more about this and potentially this could be the ultimate couch techno machine. A built in reverb would have topped it off nicely though. I’ve sold analog 4 and Digitakt last few years but the lxr stayed, I personally prefer the sound engine and it’s a fun box to jam on so with additional faders on the new one potentially will be even more of a jamming machine. One negative thing from my point of view is the original lxr has 4 pots and the new one looks like 4 encoders which I’m not particularly a fan of .

1 Like
  • Performance mode features manual rolls per voice, global sample rate reduction, and a special Morph feature for morphing between presets

Is this the same as Morphing between Drum Sets?

it’s now on Juno, UK folks

1 Like

Just found this six year old video on the Erica Synths channel. They used to make a housing for the original LXR back in the days… Let´s see when the new toy shows up on the ES shop. I am ready to give it a try :slight_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6uZlI1bsRw

1 Like

I prefer DN sounds which are more refined in my opinion, but the filter seems great.

1 Like

Where did you find a sound demo of the LXR-02?

Nowhere, I was just reacting to the LXR video posted above. Hopefully the LXR02 will sound as good as the DN :wink:

Lxr did have a few versions of firmware … official and other people’s versions …
I’m guessing this would be a tweaked one to deal with the extra fx, …
Samples could be used but they were very short, I think used as transients on each sound …
There was lots of midi cc on lxr v1 too… substeps , ratchets , it was nice …

But I didn’t use it much and sold it …

Given that the sequencer on the DB-01 is a lot of fun to use, I have a lot of GAS for this.

1 Like

You can set up any 2 drum kits and the morph will be 100% the first kit and as you turn the knob it will morph 100% to the other kit and everything in between.

Plus you can save individual kits, sequences or kit with sequence and morph data etc. Plus on a full patch you can have 8 patterns saved as part of the patch and jam between them.

There’s also a great bit reduction type parameter that really produces great results on a full kit, all in real-time plus you can motion sequence record, you can alter pitch per step etc

You can also record real time rather than step record by tapping each drum button and you can set up if the drum hit will be single or multiple drum roll either 4,8,12, 16, 32 etc when you press it which on full setting gives a sort of granular sound

9 Likes

If only Sonic Charge would team up with Erica Synths and release a full hardware version of Microtonic, complete with Erica’s magic filters and gainstaging, and maybe a delay built in. Now that would be bliss.

Gonna grab one of these LXR-02 units once they’re available.

7 Likes

Maybe this is the start of a beautiful relationship

Shit, it’s only just over £400 on Juno…

:money_mouth_face:

Also seems to suggest release date of 30th September…

4 Likes

Such a tease! Erica are killing it on value for money at the moment. Their gear is built solid and sound heavenly. For £411 I might actually preorder.

2 Likes