Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

If there was one company I’d like to own everything from, it’d have to be Erica currently (outside of Elektron)

4 Likes

I’m honestly feeling the same way. :smiley:

Large selection, high quality, unique or original takes on existent design. Mmm

Me three. Plus, I’ve just discovered drones, and it seems a lot of their gear is boss at making them.

2 Likes

Hi my name is Orion and i may be addicted to drum machines.

Is there a difference here?
LXR-01:
16 step sequencer. Each of the 16 steps is further divided into 8 additional substeps, resulting in a total of 128 steps per track with 32ppq resolution. (Pain in the ass to get to those substeps when ur just doodling).

LXR-02:

• 7 sequencer tracks with up to 128-steps per pattern at 32PPQ (from sweetwater, gonna need more info, ie how many steps per pattern and how many patterns there’s 8 on 01).

Also, what software version are they going off of? Is there anything from the Bredan Clarke firmware you think?

I recently got both an LXR-01 and a MD and i’ll still probably gonna cop this because im frivolous.

Edit: looks like gearnews is saying its the same sequencer Leak! Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Drum Synthesizer - gearnews.com

2 Likes

probably new firmware as its got more stuff (fx).

and those substeps were accessed by the 8 buttons, and theyre still on the interface.(from memory anyway, i sold mine ages ago)… the last os I was using want the normal/stock one, but i cant remember which one it was.

i think in general if i had lxr1 i’d wait to see what this does… but i think the build quality will be better and it’ll have more support in terms of bug fixing from erica/sonic potions.

I’d be interested to hear the new FX.
I still use some LXR drum chains in my OT that I made from the BoBSwanS’ LXR samples in the Elektronauts files section (2016).

OT filter drive and comp makes em slap.

7 Likes

And hopefully the new firmware (and hardware?) gets over the OG LXR’s “pattern set memory” limitations. Where you could only have instant access to 8 patterns at a time.
You could load another set of 8 in the background while the current pattern continued to run, but it takes 5 seconds to load that next set in the background.

Usable but not as flexible as an Elektron on stage.

1 Like

Wow, then meh. Is that a jog wheel for data? Ugh, for some reason it gives me electribe vibes which isn’t a good thing, could be wrong.

Nothing else out there yet?

1 Like

I’m guessing Sweetwater did what they usually do and put it on their site waaaaaay too early and Juno probably just thought “fuck it, it’s out there now” and followed suit. Given that the apparent release date is 30th September and Erica Synths were on their holidays all last week, I imagine they were holding off a little while before announcing it.
They’ll probably put some stuff out this week about it now the cat’s out of the bag.

5 Likes

Like the old lxr i assume that you can configure the outs like you want.
You know what 4 outs on the lxr and 4 ins on the octatrack tells me :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t like much the design solution, sorry, but overall it should be a cool product. I like what Erica synths are doing and their build and documentation quality.

Was thinking about LXR for many years now, but did not pull the trigger. Not for the drum sounds per se, but rather for cool MnM sound design features. With added effects it should be just an awesome box.

1 Like

I think it seems pretty cool, but theres so many great Erica modules begging to be turned into handy desktop units so I’m surprised we’re not seeing one of those instead right now

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still holding out hope that they do a proper 2 osc, non-modular Polivoks standalone synth.

There’s an oldish Telekom video where Girts talks about developing a proper keyboard synth, it would make sense that it would be something polivoks, though they might have abandoned the idea, who knows?

This team up makes sense, as Erica used to make cases for the OG LXR and seem to have the manufacturing chops to get these built at scale whilst maintaining quality and decent support. Also, if the effects algorithms from the Black hole DSP are anything to go by, then there’s a lot to be excited about with what these two can achieve together.

4 Likes

100% agree, excited at the prospect of a Polivoks now you mention that!

Would love to see their wavetable vco as a standalone with a couple extra tricks up its sleeve. (Sidenote if anyone here likes the sound of this module, @Fin25 is actually selling one for a decent price rn)

1 Like

I am indeed, thanks for the free ad.

I’m thinking a collection of their desktop units (lxr-02, DB-01, zen delay, fusion box) along with something like the kleine fusion system would be a killer little techno setup.

2 Likes

How long before people begin to speculate about the Erica Synths performance mixer? DAW integration with Ericabridge?

7 Likes

Pleasantly surprised to see this. I got the original LXR with the trigger expansion and Erica Synths metal case last year. Still exploring it, but it is a nice piece of kit for punchy digi drums for sure. I think it’s worthy of a “pro” redux.

Not sure I can justify getting this new edition though. It’s great to see the added headphone output and expanded FX section, but I’d be missing the trig outs. But then again, as an owner of the Zen Delay and the Fusion Box I am a fan of ES aesthetics and build quality, so we’ll see.

And yeah, DB-01 + LXR-02 seems like a great tag team.

2 Likes