Now Private

Video#2 (presets, no talking)

Video #2 (Juno)

Manual
https://www.ericasynths.lv/support/drum-synthesizer-lxr-02/

38 Likes

what a nice surprise!

3 Likes

my heart says I’ve never heard anything from Erica Synths sound bad but my brain says wait for the demo before preordering.

8 Likes

My Model:Cycles looks nervous…

10 Likes

erica has brought acid proper to the 21st century with this desktop form factor, zen delay, acidbox III, db-01 bassline synth, all perfectly suited for live performance.

can someone tell me how such a niche and meagerly sized company pumps out so many pretty original products? every time I check some release news they’ve got something cool out

9 Likes

Controversial I know, but my rytm does too…

3 Likes

This is an update to the Sonic Potion’s LXR so it isn’t entirely original.

12 Likes

Never seen it, will have to check out. Altering comment accordingly.

Six voices is all you need from a drum machine, and the fact that each voice appears to have an envelope and an LFO, very pleased…
If it builds on the OG LXR’s sound but adds Erica’s crazy good sequencer skills then I’m probably gonna be all over this.

Also sliders…

17 Likes

Jeez, THE GAS!!!

2 Likes

Also build quality.

5 Likes

the world could use more sliders

9 Likes

Absolutely intrigued!

Looks like the same sequencer as the DB-01 (obviously modified for drums). Anyone have much experience in getting the DB-01 sequencer to play nicely with the Elektron workflow? By that I mean, on-time pattern changes, syncing patterns with new projects, etc.

If this thing has a robust MIDI implementation, it could very well be the DigiDrum I’ve been waiting for.

1 Like

The DB01 was a bit of a sod at first, but they added program change to it as I sold mine, so no idea how well implemented it is.

1 Like

It’s probably very good.
Lxr had some very flexible sounds, samples, performance tools.

This looks like ‘proper’ case and build quality and probably a few firmware refinements.

Could be interesting.

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but I feel like this should be cheaper. Is there any indication that the filter is analog?

1 Like

She’s unabashedly digital, like the ASM Hydra

1 Like

Hmmm… interesting. When you look up close, however, it seems the snare in this one also sounds like shit. :wink:

20 Likes

like volca?

I think they didn’t want to totally nuke LXR sales, so the price point is a bit higher then the LXR kit when you add the case or labor for getting it pre built.

1 Like