Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I didn’t watch it :slight_smile:

1 Like
10 Likes

Jeremy (Red Means Recording) went with the xtra annoying dialog on this one for some reason, but it does show a ton of cool functionality I was curious about

6 Likes

Yean, no offence to the Jeremy guy (his opsix video was excellent) but I’m not sure he’s the guy for showcasing something like this.

Maybe it’s my bias towards hardness, but this is Erica Synths, I want filth.

*Having said all of that, I guess this isn’t really Erica Synths, at least from a sound perspective, and Jeremy did do a pretty decent video on the Sample Drum, so you should probably disregard everything I’ve just said.

2 Likes

I love bob ross style yt videos normally and liked the ot video of this guy and ezbot but…
Anyway did he mention something about the effects? Or someone knows? Is it really only one effect for the whole machine ( like i understood the manual) or can i put a delay on one track and change values of distortion on another track? Thanks

You should see his model: cycles video. There’s a great aggressive song at the end that made me want one.

2 Likes

So what about the DIY LXR V1?​

With all those exciting new features and improvements in the V2, what about the DIY kit owners? There are some good and some bad news. The bad news is, that due to the improved hardware of the V2, mostly due to a beefier CPU and more memory, not all new features are possible to port to the V1 firmware. The good news however is that a firmware update with some of the new features and bugfixes is planned once things at our office have calmed a bit after the V2 release.

https://www.sonic-potions.com/?fbclid=IwAR2eI_ydru_RqdQG3NYLa24mQkPfc-NjcsL7943qvKr1B5_NZIZIqU964oI

@zollenz

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t stand either of the RMR videos on the LXRs. The joke goes on for way too long and is just insufferable to me.

I preordered with sweetwater and they said it was shipping late July or so. Dunno about other dealers.

3 Likes

When I watch that video I think of all the money Elektron might be leaving on the table by not selling a proper Machindrum successor.

19 Likes

For some reason I liked the original LXR demos more. You know that… analog vintage flavor of the original version…

(It’s cool anyways, but I think I like sounds from Volca Drum more, a bit more agressive engine)

Thank you. It’s well overdue!

The original is digital.

Personally I don’t care for digital vs analog. It sounds good and the sequencer looks great.

2 Likes

Normally got a raging horn for anything by Erica Synths. This one doesnt interest me at all.

…nor it is vintage :slight_smile:

I used to have the DIY version. Now that I have a model:cycles, the only thing I miss from it is the hi hat machine/track.

1 Like

I almost bought the DIY kit. Glad i didnt.
Ive got TR8-S, digitone, digitakt, TR09, and octatrack. Basically all my drum machine needs are met!

2 Likes

Yeah I need to keep reminding myself of this… and also that I don’t need something just because it matches another box from the same manufacturer :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

pokemon effect

4 Likes

The annoying part is that it’s only the box that matches.

What do you mean by that?