Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

If you find some time to test that would be great !

OK, I just tested it out and it didn’t necessarily work the way I had expected. I ended up setting the retrigger on (RTG = the drum part) and sync to 16th notes (SNC = 16). It basically has the effect you’re looking for, I would think, unless you had a longer sustained sound. In that case the random, stepped modulation of the LFO would continue.

I’ll keep experimenting.

2 Likes

Ha. I consider it a bug, personally.

1 Like

OK, so I’m convinced that you can’t have the random LFO start on a random spot when simply triggering a sound. I think this would be a good feature to add to a future update. I suppose we could submit requests here:

https://www.ericasynths.lv/support/directory/other/

Update: I went ahead and requested this > “I’m wondering if in a future firmware update it would be possible to modify the behaviour of the Random LFO so that when set to Retrigger (but LFO Frequency and LFO ClockSnc are at 0) it would trigger a different random amount each time.”

4 Likes

Got the t’rific techno trio together again for this one. I’m using the Digitakt more for background atmosphere, looped-pulses & odd rhythms, TR8s & LXR-02 are in charge of their usual drum duties. 35mins made of 3 sections, Headphones on…

5 Likes

I also made a feature request… fingers crossed for the next firmware!

I have caved to the GAS…wish me luck boys.

5 Likes

I sold my lxr a few weeks ago and I realise I made a mistake. Gonna have to get another. It’s a magic little box, especially for the harder stuff.

2 Likes

How are you using this setup? Would be interested in hearing about about your workflow.

1 Like

They responded with "Thank you for the suggestion - I have added this to our ever-growing list of ideas for future firmware updates! "

4 Likes

It’s pretty much a fancy looking but basic DJ operation. Octa is my mixer which can do some sample playback and effects. Blackbox is my deck on the left and LXR is on the right. The Faderfox is essentially a breakout box for the BB. BB and LXR each come in on a thru track with a neighbor. Out from the Octa feeds the RMX (which I flagrantly overused in that set of course) and that goes to Bluebox which was really only there because it has a headphone jack. Before realizing a headphone jack would be a fantastic thing to have it was an Oto Boum that sat at the end for a modicum of both saturation and compression. And then it’s just the basic stuff of mixing and matching tracks from BB and LXR. No midi program changes or anything. If I need to switch presets(that’s what 1010 calls a project) on the Blackbox I just fade over to the LXR while I get all the BB ducks in a row and then just fade it back in when I’m ready. And vice versa. I only used one pattern on the Octa last time since I only had two sequenced sample tracks running from it. I may use more this time.

The LXR is a real dreamboat for this sort of thing. My stuff is all on a pedalboard so size matters and the LXR is small. The faders and mutes are super handy and ergonomically dope. The menus mostly don’t go super deep so there’s lots of easily navigated in the moment knob twiddling that can be done. And of course most importantly it just sounds great :0)

5 Likes

I almost bought the first one. Just about every video I’ve seen/listened to of the 02?gives me that head turn feeling. Yes most are more aggressive and even though I don’t find myself listening to or making such sounds… I feel very much drawn to it. It’s the clarity and drive, I don’t know how to put it. It just sounds really good for the price

2 Likes

Will have to get for fun, while waiting for the drumlogue.

2 Likes

Maybe keep this in mind:

I think Erica Synths are too busy sending out products and are not really supporting their current product owners that well. Most recent update was just a bug fix which is necessary of course but I think they should have done a lot more with this great drum machine that they have decided to continue the development of.

The fact that you cannot even copy a sound or save individual sounds is an indication of this. I love this machine’s sound but I think the lack of such basic features is disappointing.

1 Like

In my experience Erica is a good company that makes solid products. Are they perfect? No, but nothing ever is. Their products are full of character and are fun to play.

5 Likes

A melodic electro number from this morning. The LXR provides the beats, the opening percussive synth sound and the bassline. The rest is Nordlead 2.

9 Likes

Sounds authentic :+1:

From Erica support;

Unfortunately, there is no way to create synchronized delays clocked to the sequencer’s rate at the moment - you can of course adjust the delay time and feedback to match it manually.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m doing always. Bit tedious but fun, too.

1 Like

Here’s an example of synth sounds made with the LXR-02. The drums are actually not from the LXR, but from the VProm and HexDrum plugins. The bass, leads and chord are made using combinations of the first three drum synths on the Erica, and then multitracked.

5 Likes