Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Maybe keep this in mind:

I think Erica Synths are too busy sending out products and are not really supporting their current product owners that well. Most recent update was just a bug fix which is necessary of course but I think they should have done a lot more with this great drum machine that they have decided to continue the development of.

The fact that you cannot even copy a sound or save individual sounds is an indication of this. I love this machine’s sound but I think the lack of such basic features is disappointing.

1 Like

In my experience Erica is a good company that makes solid products. Are they perfect? No, but nothing ever is. Their products are full of character and are fun to play.

5 Likes

A melodic electro number from this morning. The LXR provides the beats, the opening percussive synth sound and the bassline. The rest is Nordlead 2.

9 Likes

Sounds authentic :+1:

From Erica support;

Unfortunately, there is no way to create synchronized delays clocked to the sequencer’s rate at the moment - you can of course adjust the delay time and feedback to match it manually.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m doing always. Bit tedious but fun, too.

1 Like

Here’s an example of synth sounds made with the LXR-02. The drums are actually not from the LXR, but from the VProm and HexDrum plugins. The bass, leads and chord are made using combinations of the first three drum synths on the Erica, and then multitracked.

5 Likes

I really like how creatively you put the LXR to use. Actually one or two of your electro-demos on soundcloud convinced me along with a few others to buy that thing, too.

1 Like

this is a great track and so was that last one you posted.

that lxr sound design is really nice

1 Like

Has anyone ever experienced the fx not effecting an initial patch? If i load a premade kit the fx work but not when i load an init kit.

Also when an fx does work is it normal to hear clipping from each value? For example when im in drv and i move the dry/wet i hear a click for each value. Worried i have a faulty unit.

Doesn’t seem right to me. Have you sent the video to Erica Synths support ?

1 Like
8 Likes

Oh snap I follow you on insta. You never disappoint and this one was no exception. In one one minute video I saw several things I haven’t tried yet. Thanks!

1 Like

I have been playing around with the LXR-02 for few weeks now. I really like the sound and how fast and intuitive results are flowing out of this little fun box… (just adding a few demos of my current sounds for reference here)

take one
take two
take three
take four

Hey folks, here is a rainy Wednesday afternoon squelchy/acid techno jam with LXR-02 + Digitakt:

6 Likes

Is this box a capable enough sequencer on its own? Could you use it as a 7 track step sequencer for external gear w/o internal sounds? If so, does it also send the cc modulation or just note data for the tracks?

(Sorry for the rapid fire questions. Manual was t very clear on using it as a standalone sequencer or midi tracks)

I’ve not tried to sequence other gear with it, the Digitakt would be a much better option. The LXR-02 can only send one note per track (Digitakt has 4 per track), so no chords on LXR-20 and also there is no note length. These two reasons alone are limiting. It might be possible to send CC on LXR02, but you can only record 2 CC’s automation per track compared to Digitakt’s 8 CC’s per track. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Good to know. TY. I would be mostly sequencing external percussion when not using internal engines. A hardware drum machine is still the bit of kit I can’t do without. This is one of the few that has caught my attention in years, and I have been looking to stir up my workflow now. It needs to be a synth and not a sampler, so the digitakt is out. I’ve also read somewhere online people are wondering if its still worth buying in 2022.

1 Like

I think the internet says that about all hardware gear :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The sequencer is not bad on the LXR-02, but seems to be tailored to sequencing itself more than other external gear.
As a stand alone synth drum machine I can recommend it :+1: - I’ve had no issues syncing it with other gear too.

1 Like