Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Take 2

6 Likes

I listened to last half today, sounds very cohesive…only advice I can give is keep doing what you’re doing, do your thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy smokes! Thanks @kryten42! And thank you as well to @pidgeo, @Claid, and @giantmecha! I spent lots of time trying real hard on that stuff and it’s nice to know that some of my fellow Elektronauts could dig it. I have a pretty decent list of things I need to be working on/toward and it’s a bit of a relief that there were no huge obvious things I missed.

I’ve got the next one booked and composition started last night. I’m looking forward to rocking @Claid 's Pulsar 23 samples along with the LXR.

5 Likes

bruh just copped this thing. I’m legit blown away by the sounds coming out of this. So stoked!

2 Likes

does the lxr01 not have the 02’s distortion parameter or something? all the demos I can find of the 01 are much tamer in sound.

can it get as aggressive as the 02?

Did a DAWless jam with the LXR-02 syncing an arpeggio on a Nordlead 2, as well as triggering a one-note pattern. The bassline is made with one of the LXR’s drum synths.

9 Likes

hi guys, how is the menu diving on this thing? Lets say compared to the Roland TR-6S. It looks very appealing to me, but i am afraid of having to menu dive a lot, especially when editing sounds.

2 Likes

A majority of the parameters are only 1 or 2 clicks away. 1 click to select the sound, then another click to select the series of parameters.

So, for example if you want to change anything to do with the filter on Drum1, first you click the Drum1 button, then you click the Filter button. Now you’ll see the 4 filter parameters (Cutoff, Resonance, Filter Type and Drive) above the 4 encoders.

Some sound design sections have up to 8 parameters, in which case you press that button to toggle between the two pages. For example, in the LFO section click once to see the LFO Frequency, Sync, Amount and Waveform, and then click again to see Retrigger, Offset, Destination Voice and Destination parameter.

When I first watched video demos of the LXR-02 I although thought that it would be a hassle to navigate, but it honestly became super fast and intuitive fairly quickly, in my personal experience.

2 Likes

Not menu divey at all, everything is just a couple of button presses away. very hands on.

2 Likes

very digitakt-esque by the sounds of it. select track, select page. done.

1 Like

sounds good, guess i’ll go for it :partying_face:

1 Like

It might be because they changed the default note on tracks, as well as adjusted how they calculate the course tuning. might need to retune your sounds.

After playing around a couple of days with the LXR-02 I decided to go for the upgrade to 1.3 – while the change to the tuning parameters is a welcome logical step, it’s a bit disappointing how sparsely documented the obvious change to sounds created seems to be. Especially because they did the same change also to the FM frequency parameters, which has an even more drastic effect…
Has anyone probably found out an easy solution to revert sounds from older firmware versions to sounding similar in 1.3 ?

I am creating a ticket with Ericasynths in parallel and will add their response in here once received.

2 Likes

I feel you there… it kinda turned me off the machine for a bit since it changed everything I did… I know I just need to sit down and play with again since I really do love it, but not being able to listen to “old” patterns and kits I made is annoying. I also agree as I said previously it’s not a bad change in the long run…

Hope they can give out more documentation as it would be nice to be able to get some of these back without downgrading(which I don’t know can be done since the boot loader was also updated…)

Since I lost all the dynamic range in these kits since updating to 1.3, I thought I would share all these 1.2 kits and pattern I think are “OK” … all recorded about a month ago… nothing but the LXR-02 being recorded with a few live drum rolls and mutes…

This is harder industrial techno type stuff… so you have been warned;)

5 Likes

You’re 100% not wrong!
Shame these have lost their Oomph in the last update. I’m sure you can rework into Ooomph 2.0 once you’re ready

2 Likes

Hold on, the firmware update to the tuning system changes pre-existing kits/sounds? That’s annoying.

I do like the new system, though. Much more intuitive, especially since I’m often making pitched sounds to pay on a keyboard.

1 Like

Still waiting for some reaction from Ericasynth on this one.

I’m glad this happened to me in the very early days with the machine so nothing too relevant has been lost. As I’m just about to be familiar with the LXR it might also be that it’s just me… but reading from others above it kind of confirms my suspicion.

Has anyone figured out settings for the delay effects that correspond to speeds that match a given tempo?

No. That delay is pretty zany if you ask me.