Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

at least there’s credit on the front and they even put their name first. good guy erica

5 Likes

I felt I needed to sell one of my Juno 106 or JX3P to (part-)fund my new Elektron addiction. The 106 sliders were a big part of why I kept it, even tho’ the 3P is actually “better”.

The ericasynths.lv news sectionsays something about them being out of office until the 28th, maybe we‘ll see something on monday then.

even when they’re out of office they’re in office

probably doing this

2 Likes

Erica is always up for pelting out business for sure!

I‘m curios though how much of the drum machine sound generation is from Erica, or of they just provided their signature formfactor housing. I‘d almost expect them to cram some Polivoks whatever in there, but the description from sweetwater doesn‘t seem to indicate much?

1 Like

The SW page says

• A brilliant collaboration from boutique synthmakers Erica Synths and Sonic Potions
  • Revamped version of a cult classic DIY drum machine

I’m confident enough to think it is a collaboration and both parties were involved. Therefore I’d assume the sounds will be similar if not identical. I would be more surprised if they weren’t. Will patiently await the demo!

3 Likes

I was just about to ask if there was another box as playable and tweakable as the DB-01…

2 Likes

hello it me, LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

1 Like

I’m pretty sure all these FX are new to the LXR… knowing erica synths I wouldn’t be surprised if it has a real tube in it. I have to say I am quite tempted by the prospect of it… I have thought about building the diy a few times and this is really not that much more. I suppose I will probably order direct from erica once it is truly announced, I think that will push me into the permanent discount on all devices in the future from them :slight_smile:

" Robust FX section

As if the LXR wasn’t already overflowing with ways to twist and bend its voices, this powerful drum synth also contains a seriously robust FX section. Beef up kicks and snares and mangle hats and percussive strikes with the LXR’s three available drive FX: tube saturation, wavefolder, and hard-clip distortion. Engage the ring modulator to instantly weirdify sequences. Take total control over the drum dynamics with a full-featured compressor. And get spacey using the built-in 20ms - 700ms delay, which incorporates an LFO for swooshing flanger-style effects. "

4 Likes

Shut up and take my money !

1 Like

Looks awesome

1 Like

I owned an original LXR back in the day. It was pretty interesting but not quite what I was after. if you like that kind of unabashedly digital percussion sound not too dissimilar to the monomachine it’s great. original had a really fun repeat mode and euclidean sequencer mode that made it a really fun techno improv machine. I needed a bit more than it had to offer and it seemed like the community was pretty neglected so I flipped it. this could be pretty great if done right.

5 Likes

thats the sound i am after. I have a RD 9 on preorder but i always wanted digital drums too and not another emulation of a roland classic

1 Like

Nice one. Want to See more :star_struck:

Digital drums -> analog heat? is that delicious?

3 Likes

This looks cool!

I think it’d make great Digitakt fodder. I feel like they’re similar but serve very different roles.

Sampling a Drummaschine into a Drummaschine?

Xzibit Likes ist!

2 Likes

Insta buy for me. I wonder when it’s out…

1 Like

I’ve still got my LXR and comparing the two, most of the buttons etc are the same, there are a few extra things like faders, FX, clock etc , still got sonic potions logo on so probably will sound exactly like my LXR.
I’d say the best parts of the LXR sound is the kick and you can get some great bass sounds out of drum 2. A great sounding filter. A very raw sounding fm sound engine.
Looking at the specs I love me a ring modulator and delay so I think this could be a winner.
And there’s a headphone socket, my biggest bugbear with the LXR👍

6 Likes