Elk-Herd 3.1 beta for Digitakt OS 1.40

I sent mzero a message because I’m like stalking the elk n just want to know the same tho no correspondence as of yet. :frowning: find myself dreaming it out more and more every message lol
c6 sysex meltssss

2 Likes

@mzero
hey, just wondering as everyone else If you maybe could give us an update on your situation? how do you do, are there any chances for an update or open-source release?
Is there anything we as community can do to support you to work on this?

7 Likes

@mzero Hello Mark, I’ve been using your manager since I knew about it 2 years ago. It saved me a lot of time and nerves. Thank you so much for coming up with this one, it’s truly legendary!

I’m in contact with a community of Digi users. If there’s anything we can support you with for the 1.5 OS update please, let me know.

In solidarity with @prydal

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why is there no pattern/project management tool from Elektron?

Well said!

Here you can buy mzero a beer as a thankyou for the work & gift he has been giving us through his elk-herd software:

Thank you @mzero and may life give you all the good you deserve & need.

2 Likes

Maybe he needs privacy, space or patience too … I’m sure he can and would contribute to this discussion when and if he is minded to, in his own time. This pressure and expectation created by such ventures (no matter how well intentioned they seem to you) may not be landing as such.

What must be abundantly clear is that this isn’t a sleeper hit needing resuscitation, i’m fairly sure the author is aware of its utility to many and you must also be aware of your responsibility to respect somebody’s space.

You have voiced a thought, now i have voiced mine … i’d urge others to take a couple of perspectives into view before jumping on the bandwagon and escalating this.

This all makes me feel decidedly uncomfortable, i can’t speak for anyone else including Mark. So please temper your enthusiasm with a second potential perspective.

PS (@_anyone_inclined) - for the avoidance of further doubts - any links to misguided petitions on this will be removed. This is not the way.

15 Likes

I’m having trouble fetching project. it hangs on the load screen. am i doing anything wrong?

Hey, there is a new SDK available for AnalogRytm, basically makes it possible to create custom programs for it.

I asked if something like this would be possible for digitakt, this is the awnser:

I’m sure it is possible. Since I don’t own a digitakt probably I won’t do it but my code is open sourced with MIT license so if any other developer should adopt techniques from it or reuse part of the techniques there they’re open to do so.

If in the future, Elektron decides to document and expose their sysex format I think the developer community and 3rd party apps will flourish and you’ll have more choices.

But unfortunately now without documentation the entry barrier is a little high since it requires reverse engineering.

3 Likes

Amazing

Does anyone have a copy og the 1.40 firmware?

Sorry ment 1.40b

alex im having the same issue - did you ever find a fix?

I’m afraid not. Elk-herd isn’t yet updated to the new 1.5 software update. We need to wait until the creator, mzero, is able to update it.

Hey! I’m alive… It’s been a very full year of “other stuff”… and sadly it meant not much music making and not any software. BUT - It took some serious “me time”, and came back to music this “Jamuary” hard, and now… I’m going to get elk-herd going again.

A lot of changes happened between 1.40 and 1.51A… So it is going to take me some time, but I’m dedicating March to it.

• Mark
94 Likes

Bless your heart.

I have a copy of 1.40b, if you still need it shoot me a message and I’ll upload it for you.

2 Likes

Woah this is great news!
Also, hope you’re all well!

Yay! If I can help at all, lemme know! Code related specifically

This is awesome news! Thank you so much for all you do!!! @elektron pay this man!!!

1 Like

Oh my. It’s good to see a message from you. Welcome back and great to hear you’re back to music making :).
Thanks for keeping elk-herd alive. Can’t wait to use it again :heart:

12 Likes