Elk-Herd 3.0

First try this link inside Chrome browser:
https://electric.kitchen/crunch/beta/elk-herd/

Then check this:
Try to go into System ==> USB Config menu and change from Overbridge info Midi or Midi + Audio.
It works for me without issues ob newest Digitakt firmware.

Cheers

it works throu this beta link!
Thanks a lot!!!

ā€¦i mean at least it loads/imports the project
But i still have a problem sending the project back:ā€™)

• So i ā€˜fetch a projectā€™ , an empty new project where i wanna bring my selected patterns from different projects
  • then i open another project on the digitakt( where the pattern is that i wanna import)
  • i press ā€˜import projectā€™ on elk-herd and it imports it succesfully
  • i select the patterns and press ā€˜importā€™
  • i load my new empty project on my digitakt again
  • i press ā€˜send projectā€™ on elk-herd and it is sending on the laptop screen but it doesnā€™t receive it on the digitakt screen. and of course the patterns are not sent to the new project

basically i was doing what Dave Mech was doing in his youtube tutorialā€¦

do you know whatā€™s going wrong??

Ahh there was somewhere a movie how to do it I guess on mzero YouTube channel.
But most important is to start first with project from which you like to import.
So shortly:

1. Load source project in digitakt
  2. Fetch project into elk-herd app
  3. Save project using Save File button into computer hard drive
  4. Load or create fresh empty project on digitakt
  5. Fetch project
  6. Use Import File button and pick file you saved before on hard drive
  7. Select patterns to import and hit import
  8. This will load patterns into your empty project in elk-herd
  9. Now use finally Send Project button - this will push data into digitakt.

Let us know if this work :slight_smile:

It doesnā€™t work. Im also not sure about the order of the steps you wrote. the 5th step is ā€˜fetch projectā€™ instead of importing an additional project to your fetched project. so my initial project disappearsā€¦
anyway i think the order of doing it is right in Dave Mechā€™s youtube video, and it worked for meā€¦ only i didnā€™t receive the project sent back on the digitakt.
Project & Sample Management: Elk-Herd || Digitakt Tutorial #9 - YouTube here at 6:06 its showing on the screen of the digitakt that is receiving patterns.

are there any other versions of the app? because i think the problem is a bug or some compatibility issueā€¦
where did you find this beta version?

The link to the beta is mentioned earlier in this thread if the recently posted link doesnā€™t work

Just search for beta in the search tools.
And check you are on correct digitakt os and in the correct mode ( overbridge / usb etc )

Iā€™m sure that if you search and read some of the recent thread ( maybe the last four monthsā€¦ certainly jan onwards ) youā€™ll get info thatā€™ll solve your issues.

Link I gave you in previous post is correct, I used that even yesterday with my Digitakt OS 1.30B

https://electric.kitchen/crunch/beta/elk-herd/

Here on mzero github you can find similar issue:

You can find solution i gave you but in few steps less but fetching i asked you could make you sure you are loading new patterns into correct project.

You say after fetching is empty - Yes thatā€™s correct didnā€™t you want to load new patterns to new empty project? Fetching means sucking data from digitakt. For your new patterns you have use Import File. And then pick a file saved earlier od disk.

BTW video form Dave was great but for me somehow was not working.

Here is link from mzero, developer of this app, which I had in mind before

And as others and me some weeks before, make sure you are not in Overbridge mode.
And check if you selected to receive all Midi messages.

Let me know if this helps

3 Likes

OMG IT WORKS!!!

THANKS A LOT !! I really appreciate your help! Eventually the problem was that i was in OVERBRIDGE mode! :'D

mzero definitaly deserves a beer!! THANKS FOR THE AMAZING WORK! :pray: :pray:

As mentioned here a screen or two away.

Glad itā€™s working , you arenā€™t the first to have ā€˜fixedā€™ it this way.

Thatā€™s great!
We are nice family here :slight_smile:
I belive most of us went trough similar painful process :joy:
But once is sorted out you will enjoy every session.
I merged 16 projects into one with this tool, and without it this activity will be almost impossible.
Mzero is saving our lives.
He deserve a beer from all of us. Just as one says here we need to be careful to not push him into alcohol to much, so maybe we should switch into donuts :joy:
Cheers

2 Likes

Could it be that it works with last DN firmware?

Would be my dream.
As I remember Mzero told somewhere that he could do for every elektron box but he need to obtain it first.
So at the moment there is no support for Digitone as far as I know, otherwise I will need to buy a double six pack of beers and donuts for mzero :joy:

Just buy him a DN and itā€™s all fine :wink:

1 Like

OK, seriously. For my DT (v1.30B), this tool is my go-to. But I have my DN (v1.32A) sitting right next to it that I need the same exact thing. Iā€™m only using Elk-Herd for samples management. Is the lack of a device to test with the only thing (other than wanting more to life) holding Mzero back? Cuz clearly thereā€™s already tons of beer to go around. Earth to Mzero, Earth to Mzero, come in Mzero.

1 Like

I swear i will chip in to buy @mzero a DN if thats what it takes.

Iā€™m playing DT/DN livesets about 1x/month and having to manually copy paste DN patterns if I want to change my setlist is ā€¦ well itā€™s not fast:) Being able to do both in my browser would add up to a huge savings in both time and finger-judo

1 Like

Iā€™m right there with you. I already did a little CL search for Digitone in SF area. If someone told me I had to pay a little money for this software to have the functionality for all my Elektron devices (except my friggin Octatrack, that makes me sad), I would have paid in a second. So, @mzero just needs to say the word!

1 Like

I also extracted one dtproj file and examined the contents. Iā€™m also interested in helping any reverse engineering efforts.

One idea I thought of was it would be nice to convert digitakt project files to renoise project files, or mod files, and vice versa maybe?
Both are sample based and ā€œparam locksā€ are simply pattern effects!

Thanks @Zbieracky, just saved me some stress.

1 Like

No problem. Take care :wink:

1 Like

Same here. Iā€™ll even add some money for a Syntakt, too.

Iā€™m a brand new digitakt user, Iā€™ve managed to load samples unto the digitakt from elk-herd (linux/chromium, but fetching project makes it stall, at least the progress bar is not moving and after a few minutes I run out of patience.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

NB: I increased the midi input- and output buffer size to 65536, as proposedā€¦