Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #18 The 18th result

I’ve been grinding on this challenge hard as your nephew Derek grinds his teeth in his sleep. I’ve got eight different versions of it now. Now I just need to pick out my favorite/favorites and finish it up. It’s honestly gonna be tough to narrow it down.

2 Likes

Also, I’d just like to say, again, that I’ve been going back through all of the battle submissions from previous battles to hear who all I’m up against. And I have to say, there are quite a few very talented producers in this little room on the internet. Though I’ve been wanting to join in for the last few as well and never actually put in the work in time to submit, I am quite confident that I will finish this time. So, I just want to say, it will be an honor to complete in this challenge.

8 Likes

It’s still around 2:30 track time limit?

2 Likes

My bad for not stating a time limit, so we’ll say there isn’t one just incase people have already done a longer beat

1 Like

How’s everyone getting on with the samples?
I should have noticed the date of other battle tasks taking place as this finishing date is very close to the D&B one so my bad again.

If people would like to take part but need a week extra I’m happy to extend it if anybody needs it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Haven’t started yet. Try to get something going this weekend

2 Likes

I know there is a bunch of crossover with people.

Let me know how I can coordinate better.

I will always defer to this battle, since it’s the OG.

Edit:

Thinking about it, it’s my bad, I usually announce after the hip hop battle ends, but that’s syncing up the time frames inadvertently.

For the next battle, I’ll wait until a week after you announce the next battle to post the next DnB battle. That way I can alternate syncopate deadlines.

1 Like

Nah that’s ok mate I should have checked it’s my bad

1 Like

NO. ITS MY BAD.

Lets make this an apology battle.

We can make it Canadian themed.

3 Likes

Haha no worries, in fact I will extend this one to Thursday 16th and edit the main setup post :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I have finished. I will record and send it this week end.

2 Likes

Cheers, blaize.
As the deadline has been extended a while, feel free to submit to me again if you want to alter your submission

2 Likes

More time to cook?! I already have way too many versions. I’m gonna use this sample for the rest of my life! Honestly, if I had to pick just one sample to work with forever, this one’s not bad. Okay, time to make more variations is never a bad thing. I think I may also need to take a two day break from this sample for sanity.

1 Like

Also, just for clarification, do we have to use elements of the soundtracks or is that completely up to us?

1 Like

No, that’s optional.
You can use as much or as little as you like from the soundtracks.

Edit:
Only rule is to definitely use the 18th result from the semi random YouTube search.
the Gene Chandler track, and you can use it however you want.
Even if you just chop an instrument stab or a vocal chop from it.

3 Likes

oof… haven’t started yet really. busy with work, a death in the family, other stuff. we’ll see how it goes.

That’s awful! Do you have a gofundme for the funeral or anything?

2 Likes

no, but thanks for the concern.

not to get all depressing, but my mom’s partner passed away, and we’ve been trying to help her with financial and legal stuff since. basically, if you’re poor and sick in america, you are effed.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that, stay strong :pray:

4 Likes

That sounds rough to deal with man. Don’t forget to be extra kind to yourself in those times.

3 Likes