Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #18 The 18th result

Yeah I just found it and was about to post it myself :joy:

1 Like

Maybe an idea to tag the usual suspects, as I almost missed this thread?

I think you can copy paste from the previous battle thread (on my phone right now, otherwise I would have done it myself)

1 Like

Good point

@Sleepyhead
@Doug
@drrumble
@1-2
@rockpapergoat
@DimensionsTomorrow
@aarb420
@woolsee
@monquixote

2 Likes

@Penz413
@emadb
@waftlord
@Roman01
@Chef_capes
@onlyjust
@rnzr
@Synu
@Symian
@FNKSTRNG

@Claid
@infovore
@tinara
@eerieacid
@PineappleDave
@Dheurt
@PeteSasqwax
@CCMP
@simonbradford

i have heard the call.

5 Likes

You son of a bitch I’m in

4 Likes

Haven’t been in one in a bit, but I’m down :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Man I completely missed the last battle because of a few crazy weeks at work. I did actually make a zelda beat but it was far from finished.

Can I conclude that @Yabba won again? If so: dude this is getting out of hand haha, you’re getting too good.

I’ll try to join this one again!

5 Likes

Haha, I did but it was very close.
Hope you do take part it would be great to hear what you do with the samples :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ve not listened to the albums yet, only skimmed through the apocalypse now so I’m hoping there’s some good stuff to use

1 Like

In for the win.

1 Like

On everything holy and sacred that exists in this world, I’m doing this one.

2 Likes

Do you swear it to the holy thorn tree in glastonbury?

2 Likes

Jamuary is winding down so I’m in.

1 Like

Thank god.

I do indeed. And to the holy burrough of (boogie down) the bronx, the Mecca of Hip-Hop, where each of us must make a pilgrimage to at some point in our lives. Bismillah Hir Rahman Nir Rahim.

4 Likes

Bambaataa willing, I will visit the sacred ground of the Bronx one day.

3 Likes

Well, I just picked up a stereo breakout cable to be able to sample directly into Maschine, and all my pads are filled. Now to parse them to separate groups and start the chops.

I must say, I loved the soundtracks. Apocolypse Now has such a Sci Fi vibe with the synth score, and conversely, the Alien soundtrack is classic horror strings. I knew that dynamic but its crazy how Aliens contrasted the horror genre for a sci fi flick…

If there wasn’t so much dialog in the Apocalypse Now OST, it would be interesting to swap them too, because the strings in Aliens fit a thriller like Apocalypse Now.

6 Likes

These are some dark ass soundtracks…
anyway just turned in my entry, now i’m hungry :slight_smile:
Have a good weekend y’all!

2 Likes

Gonna give a try

1 Like