Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #18 The 18th result

Bad times man, sending you positive vibes, hope things get better for you and yours…

3 Likes

Btw @Yabba I’ve gotten my shit together and started something, some great material in there, thanks for hosting :pray::+1:

3 Likes

Hmm I made a beat and remembered I got a freestyle of this drugdealing g-rapper I met last year so put that on the beat and cant go back now. But I guess that count as full accapellaverses and arent allowed right?

3 Likes

Yeah sorry no acapellas.
Particularly because we will know which beat is yours now when we have the anonymous vote.
You could always remove the acapella from your beat when you send it to me (still plenty of time) and post up your acapella version when the voting is finished

4 Likes

Feel good about this one. I finally got down a much better way of “chopping” samples on the Digitakt so my arrangement feels better. Just need to mix down and master and I’ll send it along.

5 Likes

Think I’m done with mine.

Deadline is still quite a way away so I’ll sit on it for another couple of days before I submit.

6 Likes

Happy reminder for the deadline this Thursday/Friday depending on time zone.

Hoping to get a few more entries between now and then, and I’ll do the playlist the following Friday evening GMT :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Got something done today. Happy to participate again

5 Likes

Didn’t had the time to record my beat yet, will do tomorrow

4 Likes

I was going to take a break from samples, but I want to help out the playlist… i will work on something today so you and @1-2 can show them how its really done.

EDIT.

Clarification.

Meaning my shit beat will be contrast to your guys consistent greatness.

5 Likes

Haha, you do yourself a disfavour, you’re doing more than ok, and I don’t see it like that, I prefer a great deal of the other beats to mine every battle I’ve entered to be honest, if not the majority.
But the whole point for me is, I love to see how everyone handles a chosen theme and the samples.
It’s great when anyone takes part, even if it’s just to get some feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

Annd… i definitely don’t wanna host again for a good long time :joy:

4 Likes

Aww. I appreciate that.

It’s funny, I actually don’t mind hosting the DnB battles. That part is way easier for me compared to actually making music, which is a process I still struggle with.

Haha. I might be tired of chopping horn samples though.

3 Likes

I haven’t sampled or started anything yet, full on nonstop working day and night.

Thanks for the extension, maybe I can find the time to squeeze something in. If I can get to it today it is the 18th day

6 Likes

Shout out to rockpapergoat. Keep your head up G. Sending love your way.

Also, I just finished mine I think. Just gotta run it into the DAW and put the final touches on the stereo recording. I really like it.

2 Likes

I have faith in you!

1 Like

Fudge. I just reread the prompt.

No soft synths. I had pigments all over my beat.

Now I don’t know if I’m gonna make the deadline if I have to start from scratch.

Edit.

Wait. I may be able to salvage what I’ve done.

I can use the midi to control a real synth.

Nothing in the rules against that, right?

2 Likes

Late to it, but I only just read your posts @rockpapergoat. Wishing you and your family strength and better times.

2 Likes

I think you’re good there with a real synth brother, just no softies.

1 Like

Good.

I could try the Malevolent.

But it would blow up the mix.

Like Sarah Conner watching kids play at the park.

1 Like

Me too

@rockpapergoat

1 Like