Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #17: The Legend of Zelda Edition

My appt flooded, so I haven’t been able to start yet. My family, pets, and gear are all out safe, so I’m hopeful to have something by the 15th. May not include that live ocarina I posted, though…

2 Likes

Holy shit! Glad that you and your family are ok. Good luck mate.

3 Likes

I haven’t started yet. Waited until two days before the deadline to start on the last one so I’ll try not to do that again

@sleepside sorry to hear that. My music room flooded into half of my of my house, had to rip the carpet out and then never replaced it. I know that situation sucks so keep your spirits up, all the important stuff is safe and that’s what matters

3 Likes

There’s a FLAC version of the OST on archive.org in case anyone wants that super hq stuff.

The link above is the main page and here is the file directory:
https://archive.org/download/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-hyrule-symphony

@sleepside we’re all collectively channeling each others’ energies to produce the utmost quality bangers to help alleviate any pain you endured :beers: Glad you and the fam are okay!

6 Likes

Happy new year everyone.
I started someting I like. I didn’t had much time to work on it but when I have an hour or two I fired up the OT to make some adjustement.
I’m pretty sure I will have something before the deadline.

4 Likes

Happy new year all.
I got a few bits down, but I’m leaving listening to it for a couple of days as I couldn’t make up my mind if the different parts from different tracks I’ve layered are in tune with each other so I need to listen with fresh ears.

I’ll definitely submit something though

3 Likes

Looks like I won’t be submitting anything for this one.

I’ve made two attempts, but neither of them have ended in anything I can submit.
Both were really enjoyable sessions and one of them has led to another track which I’m working on so it was not time wasted and I’ll maybe share something in the “Jamuary”, but I know I’m busy for the rest of the week so I won’t get anything done now.

I was trying to do something proper following the same rules Koji Kondo used for composing the theme and using some interesting time signatures, but it looks like I ran out of talent :rofl:

1 Like

Hope everyone is doing well! As I just started a new job this week I’ve given up my hopes of participating myself.

Just a quick check: who feels they will be able to submit something this weekend?

1 Like

me

1 Like

Haha this is probably the first one I’ll skip, but I might try to make a quick beat this weekend.

Its purely because of the holidays and some very busy weeks at work, because I love this theme!

By the way: reading the dilla time book right now, he apparently did a lot of beatbattles where he had a short time (5 minutes was the shortest) to make a beat out of some records. He considered this an important skill, and made a lot of tracks this way. Thinking about that there’s really no reason I wouldn’t be able to finish something for this battle. You know what, I will! It’s just quite intimidating to compete with beats which had a lot of time and skill put into them haha.

6 Likes

Oh, I definitely will.

Will it be GOOD?

side eye

well… hmmmm

1 Like

So I’m late to this but I have to get involved, especially as I now have an S2400 in the studio.

3 Likes

Same

3 Likes

Plus JAMUARY isn’t helping AT ALL.

I don’t print this much.

Yeah I’ll definitely be sending something.
It may not be something earth shattering, but I’ll send it regardless.

1 Like

2 Likes

oof… i probably won’t submit anything this time. too much going on with life, work, family, and such. can’t wait to hear what you all cook up for this battle.

1 Like

I will submit something this week.

1 Like

I’ve been out of town for a bit, and never really saw this post. I don’t have time to work on a new track, but I actually have a Zelda themed semi-hip-hop track with minor variations.

It in no way needs to be part of the battle here, but I thought I’d post it anyway for fun since I have it handy. :slight_smile:

Made just with the AR.

Hope it’s not an intrusion, just love everything this thread/battle is about. :wink:

Actually, I have a four hour train ride in a bit. Assuming my wife just wants to chill, maybe I’ll put something together specifically for this.

I’ve always liked the Bolero of Fire. Maybe I’ll do something with it.

6 Likes

I still haven’t started yet

1 Like