Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #1

I’m in sounds fun

Are we posting our beats as video or audio or does it matter?

I’ll edit this with a link to a sample in a little bit

Edit: I’d love to see what someone could do with this. One of those samples I’ve flipped many times in different ways

This makes me think, we gotta start a diggers thread if there’s not one already…

10 Likes

I’m in

always wanted to use this, now someone else should

2 Likes

I’ll give’er a go

12 Likes

I started a diggers thread if anyone else like me had a hard time sharing just the 1 sample, feel free to share more over there… YouTube links, pics of records etc…

6 Likes

I’m in! Very good idea ! Agree to stay on a sélection of 2 or 3 tracks per week. It’s good to see how other people manipulate the same material.

3 Likes

Sorry for any spoilers but this movie has NO MUSIC… so it’s perfect for narration/noise samples.

Here is one of my fav scenes:

8 Likes

okay, here’s my sample suggestion. i’ve already used this, but it’s so good.

9 Likes

I’ve worked with this one before, and it’s a lot of fun, so:

3 Likes

I saw that guy in concert a few times in India. The guy is a killer, well found.

1 Like

I’m in. Here’s my sample suggestion (Dave Brubeck’s “Take Five”):

5 Likes

A quick question……
If I choose a sample to use, but I find another element in a different sample I want to use, can I use that too?

Excluding my own sample of course

1 Like

Sure! You can also use other samples/instruments to add to your song, but I think it would be great of the samples in this thread are used as much as possible, and as creatively as possible.

2 Likes

That’s great. I’ll only use the samples posted up here :slightly_smiling_face:

Okay, bear with me: I have no experience making hip-hop or chopping samples :sweat_smile:

When I read the prompt, my thoughts went to supplying an original sample for others to use. So this morning, I recorded this bit of progression from a song my band used to play.

Let me know if you can’t download it

I am going to try to make a contribution and see how it goes :slight_smile: Grateful to be apart of this community and looking forward to hearing the samples suggested and the songs made!

10 Likes

My contribution ! There a lot of good material right here, we only need a classic drum break to have fun with :laughing: :boom: :boom:

9 Likes

Sampled :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m keen - here’s my sample for youse.

4 Likes

Hi. Not sure to have enough time, will give it a try…

7 Likes

I’m in!

Never managed to do something decent out of this too short video. Hope you’ll see some use for this:

13 Likes

id like to join in but i know im terrible at finishing tracks, anyone using bitwig fancy collabing on this ?