Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #1

As suggested by @Kuro and @Doug in the ‘Hiphop made on any elektron gear’ thread, lets do a beat battle!

I suggest the following rules:

• Anyone who wants to join in has to confirm in this thread before coming Sunday (11/7). If you join, you have to supply a single sample for everyone else to use. This can be a youtube video, a link to a sample, or a sound file you’ve recorded yourself. (Closed!)
  • If you join the battle, you have to make a beat/song/instrumental in which you use at least one of the samples supplied by the others. You cannot use the sample you supplied yourself. You are free to use any other samples, synths or instruments you want to use.
  • The deadline for submitting your song is the following sunday (18/7). You can submit the song in any format or on any platform, by posting it to this thread. You can only submit one single beat for the battle!
  • After this deadline we can judge each other by then each giving a top3 which of course excludes your own submission. Only people who participated can vote, and they’ll have to listen to each song. You’ll receive a point for each 3rd place, 2 points for each 2nd place and 3 points for each first place vote you receive.

I hope some more people will join! Good luck guys!

***Please don’t post beat entries before the deadline for posting samples (11/7),as things will get confusing!
***please don’t post more than 1 sample if you want to join!

Participants:
Sleepyhead
Yabba
Kuro*
Doug
TheGhostCat
NeonMelk
garfield
Tikoda
the_PMO
selfup
rockpapergoat
J3RK
Sherelle
Affectionate-Bee-781
drrumble
Boxymusic
sezare56
LyingDalai
Mat_Mat
new_drugs
glia
DimensionsTomorrow
TonyDS*
echo_opera
bpgrand89*
spazzickagent
Unifono
SpicyPith*
woops
jamesstiff
Dheurt
sndrsklr
Maisin
asantarosa
Kpucski
Daevlor

30 Likes

I’ll of course join in myself. I’m really curious to hear what you guys will make from this sample:

14 Likes

This is a great idea.
I’m in :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And having now read the rules, here’s my sample selection.

6 Likes

Yeaaaah, it was waiting to happen, thanks @Sleepyhead for launching it!

I’m in, obviously! Since I’ll be on holidays WITHOUT my OT, I may have to participate with the PO33 as my only weapon.

Edit : wait, can I enter the battle without using an Elektron box?

3 Likes

Exciting :slightly_smiling_face: I‘ll join as well

1 Like

Haha I guess you can…

2 Likes

I’m still a bit too green behind the ears to provide you guys with a fresh played bassline, so… Here is my sample, I’ve been sitting on this one for too long without using it:

12 Likes

Whoa!! Putting yourself at a disadvantage there, given that you can’t sample your own. This is DOPE! Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, that “Irene” track is absolutely insane. So many possibilities…

1 Like
13 Likes

This video is amazing haha!

2 Likes

Wonderful idea. I’m in.

12 Likes

Marvelous ! Cool rules…
Count me in.
Here’s my sample proposition :

12 Likes

The samples you guys have submitted so far are all awesome. There’s like a mixtape worth of material right here!

@Sleepyhead yeah, it’s so chaotic and full of energy… There are like 10 different moods in one sequence.

1 Like

i will def jump in

honestly surprised these aren’t more common (unless i hang in the wrong part of the forum)

3 Likes

It’s a good idea but it might get a little confusing by the end of the entry deadline and having to listen through a pile of tracks to find something suitable. Maybe a restriction to a certain amount of samples per round might be helpful if it gets out of hand.

2 Likes

damn, these tracks are gold. i’m going to have to sift through my stash to post something and join.

1 Like

Good point! We could create a new thread for the beat submissions after this week. And I’ll add to the opening post everyone participating can only post one sample, and we should wait posting beat submissions till next week!

Btw its awesome so many people are joining, and there’s amazing sample material so far!

1 Like

bettt. i’m always down to flip some samples