Crate diggers thread

I saw the other thread about a beat battle where you share one sample, but it was super hard to share just one, so I figured I’d start a thread to share more… I figure it can be a good place to get inspiration as well…a lot of the samples I look for are usually on the mellow side and good for hip hop, but feel free to share anything

Pictures also encouraged :smiley:

10 Likes

i love persian pop and funk like this stuff:

pomegranates

here’s some thai stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DGQKfqVSHg

2 Likes

those are sick especially that 2nd one super funky

2 Likes

I’m sure this thread will become a goldmine :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think if this goes well, we should keep doing it. This one was my second choice:

But this is my favorite track on the record:

I don’t think it’s as good of a choice for a sample flip thing, but it’s a damn jam if ever there was one.

5 Likes

The “childhood ruining” cartoon Wizards has some good tracks:

4 Likes

@garfield Thanks to you, Jože Privšek is no longer unknown to me !

1 Like

The first one gives me Quasimoto vibes so much…awesome !

1 Like

@Doug yeah I just did a quick flip of that check it out. haven’t had a whole lot of time or motivation to make music lately but this was a fun little 30min. thanks for the sample Stream checkmate ltd flip by garfield | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Here’s a track I’ve been enjoying for a few months:

5 Likes

Yugoslavia

4 Likes

this would sound super cool super slowed down.

1 Like

A bit different but I’ve been getting into great author’s poetry albums recorded in the author’s own words and released while while they were still alive… Robert Frost, T.S. Elliott, Harlan Ellison etc. The older the better :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Found these 2 in some random shop by the seaside while on hols, will listen to them when I get back home:

Found this the other week. Fabulous!

1 Like

Just made a beat using only samples from this thread! Thanks you all for posting amazing samples sources like this :boom: :boom:! i will find a acapella and share it.

3 Likes

Here is it !

4 Likes
1 Like