HipHop made with ANY Elektron gear

I’m in.

3 Likes

How about this as the rule. Anyone can choose a record. And you can flip any one of them except the one you chose

3 Likes

Haha thats a cool setup! Lets go!

2 Likes

Good idea! I’m in too!

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ve created a separate thread for the beat battle!

@Kuro @drrumble @Doug and all other posting here: please join!

4 Likes

This is The Digitone just playing the init patch for the bass, which is going through the Sampletrak, which is being sequenced by the Digitone. Everything’s then going into the Digitakt for some compression and fx.

Samples are from some records instead of my synth noodling. Vocals were just for fun and probably won’t stay. I will almost certainly finish it on the Digitakt.

I like it a lot so far.

11 Likes

Love the aliasing sound of the st24! Great sounding beat!

1 Like

Here is a fresh one that I cooked up on the Model:Samples.

2 Likes

Here’s something I just cooked up:

5 Likes

Four tracks,
Digitakt Only, Record with Zoom H6.
24min runtime

There is a “Tape Style” mixed version of the whole project
available in DL as bonus track.

I encourage everybody/anybody to pop zero in the payfield
to cop this. If you have a spare dollar at the end of the day,
perhaps consider donating to a Bail Fund!

Much Love!

Yoni

2 Likes

I think these go here just because it’s hip-hop. But this is obviously the Circuit Rhythm by Novation.

I guess I sort of used my Elektron stuff for this. All of these sample my Digitone for the bass. And I recorded them through my Digitakt. The last one is basically the same flip as the last one I posted with the Sampletrak. I was just trying to figure the thing out without having to be creative.

4 Likes

@Sleepyhead I’ve been binge watching your YouTube beats. So much good stuff.

2 Likes

@YoniDen

Are you still doing the StonesThrow battles? Still time to join our current one!

1 Like

Thanks man! Great to hear coming from you!

1 Like

Rolling with the DT

1 Like

Much Love @DimensionsTomorrow

I DL the samples everyweek, and I make a beat some weeks, but I rarely upload them anymore.

I’m not sure why, sometimes it’s a timing thing , but also there was a long run there when the rules didn’t really do it for me or there was a time limit, (whenever there is a time limit rule I break it!), or I was kinda uninspired by the rules, and I kinda fell out of the habit!

Anyway, here is this week’s Non-Entry!

84.4 BPM
D Key

Digitakt+Digitone
Record with Zoom H6

2 Likes

I decided to remake some of my favorite hiphop beats (mostly 90’s NY) on my trusted DT. The goal is to kind of look into the production process of my favorite producers and pick up some of the tricks they used. This is my first try, a beat originally made by q-tip. what do you guys think? I’ll keep on posting some more the coming weeks!

9 Likes

This is awesome! Looking forward to more in the series!

1 Like

Thanks dude! This one was quite easy to do, but some others are complicated as hell.

I actually had to give up on remaking runnin’ by the pharcyde/dilla yesterday after trying for hours to make it work… so many layers weirdly put together I just could get it to sound close.

2 Likes