Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #6 - Tribe edition

Cool man, I get you. Personally I find there’s levels to what feels like cheating when it comes to sampling, and that changes over time in my mind too, haha. I like combining samples with synths but it’s fun to work with restrictions.

And there’s no correct way to do it! You can always give it a try and if you don’t like the results don’t post it :wink:

…trust me man. I’m the worst :slight_smile:

Well we’re our own worst critics. Others might dig it!

1 Like

I’m sure you’re not fella.
Nobody is judged harshly here anyway.
Give it a go one week

the first step in learning something starts with not knowing. it’s okay not to be an expert on the first (or 100th) try. these battles are good practice with folks who will help you get better.

1 Like

…20 years :wink:

1 Like

You son of a bitch, I’m in!

4 Likes

If I can’t make a beat happen I’ve just spend my time well with finally installing and utilising Youtube-dl. Easy peasy.

1 Like

At the moment I only have the bare bones of a beat, but it’s my first time putting an a capella on a beat and the Scenario a capella already makes the beat feel so much better than it actually is😂

4 Likes

Dude give it a try! Who cares if it sucks, as long as you have fun making it? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
idk how it is for you but the process is my favorite part. The finished track is just a nice bonus, (or bad bonus depending on the song😂).

2 Likes

Here’s mine, …

For this I used the two song tracks, which are chopped and used together for most of the beat.
I used the sax sound from the the Saxo video, and also a bass tone.

For the drums I used the Ode To Billy Joe break and chopped it into individual Kick Snare & Hat and processed them heavily.

I used the intro vocal from the first track of low end theory in the mix too.
I also did my best to give it an early 90s feel.

All sampled and processed in Digitakt, recorded out from the master into Ableton.
Then I maximised it and added a little eq on the extreme low and high end.

On listening again with fresh ears after uploading to YouTube, I may have the samples a little loud but I’ll stick with it lol

19 Likes

Very well done again!

1 Like

Ooof, this is sick mate :fire:

2 Likes

Damn! Great job man! I’ll have to step my game up…

1 Like

props for being first to post! i don’t want to listen to anyone else’s stuff before posting mine, though… too much pressure.

2 Likes

:fire: :fire: :fire_engine:

Big and booming my dude :sunglasses: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

1 Like

I spent ages warping the entire Scenario acapella in Live, now I need to get everything else fitted around it!

2 Likes

I used it, but made the tempo of the track the same as the original. Hoping it’s gonna sound alright :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wish I had your restraint!

2 Likes

that was my first thought, but i abandoned it immediately. can’t wait to hear what you and others have cooked up.

1 Like