Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #6 - Tribe edition

I got someting like this made on AR mk1

12 Likes

Oh my. Voting is gonna be even harder than last time I think! This is seriously lovely stuff. Real cutting in there too? Sounds like it :fire:

1 Like

well a sc1000 rutine so a modern aproach :wink:

I had to google that :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Dunno exactly what that is, but it looks and sounds sick. Great track :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Deadline is a week today people!

2 Likes

hahaha… hey, don’t rush my (mediocre) beats!

i have like 3 different things percolating. maybe one of them will make the cut tonight.

1 Like

I’m feeling super inspired by this one! It’s the first song I’ve ever worked on with lyrics, something about the way the vocal transients bounce along with the beat make it conducive to writing melodies.

3 Likes

ha, no rushing intended man. i honestly had a brief panic about when the deadline was so it was also a reminder for myself!

1 Like

Wicked, good to hear that! I’ve never done much to vocals either. Looking forward to hearing what you and everyone comes up with!

2 Likes

Here’s mine! For a while I tried to make something to fit one of the acapella’s, but in the end I just let go of that idea and made this.

I chopped up one of my favourite breaks, looped part of @Yabba’s sample, and chopped another part. I used the sax from Piccolo and Saxo, and also chopped up choir parts from @looms sample. Everything is done on the ARmk2 as usual. Hope you guys like it!

Just for clarity: the bass is made from a looped single cycle from one of the samples and pitched down/filtered in the AR. Not too original but I guess its within the rules…

15 Likes

hot stuff, so deep and touching. almost enough to let me chicken out with my overcompressed pop tr*sh :slight_smile: but only almost! glad it just finished uploading, otherwise… did you process the drums only with the rytm? love the dynamics and sound design!!

edit:

almost forgot it, straight from the hospital.

12 Likes

Both of these are great. Dope visuals too @Sleepyhead!

1 Like

snappp…and here I thought I had something good cooked up :joy:

Y’all bringin’ the heat! :fire:

1 Like

Nothing wrong about that, @phaelam!

1 Like

the extra time to work on this is definitely nice this round. i wound up with a bunch of candidates. last night while messing with maybe the 5th or 6th iteration, i just decided to call it. all the samples are in here. drums are from the classic breaks, chopped and effected for a metallic sound. just the female vocals made it into this one. will link the others when voting is done, but they’re up live on soundcloud. now i can listen to all your stellar work with a clean conscience while quietly sobbing into my rain barrel.

12 Likes

Nah man this is really cool! Great abstract vibe to it :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Great stuff guys!

@rnzr Yours really did justice to the song! And yes, all sound design on my track is done on the AR, very minimal mixing done afterwards (little eq and compression).

@phaelam yours really sound like something tribe would actually use.

@rockpapergoat another one which is kind of different from what you usually make, but it still sounds like you. I like the fact you used the female singing part instead of one of the mc’s…

3 Likes

Here is my beat !
I’m not happy with it, first i’ve made another way better version, but didn’t respecting the rules (my own drums kits and bass). I tried to change for a proposed drum break but i cannot make it as good as my first attempt (which i will post after the voting). Anyway, this what i made on the digitakt using only provided samples (Acapalla added in reaper).

I see that the level is very high, props guys!

13 Likes