Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #6 - Tribe edition

Haha Exactly my way of thinking

1 Like

@looms @Yabba @Sleepyhead what’s the verdict on taking a small chunk/wave from one of the samples to use it as a single cycle/wave bass line?

if that’s not allowed, i’ll continue working with this sax line that sounds like a duck farting as my bass.

2 Likes

i wonder if the flagging has anything to do with whether you allow downloads or which license you choose. my stuff with acapellas, including de la soul, has never been flagged (yet). it’s all licensed creative commons with no downloads. or maybe my stuff is not listenable, thus keeping it safe. huzzah!

1 Like

:joy:

HHBB #6 - duck farts edition.

I think I’ll hand the decision over to Yabba and Sleepyhead on that one as I’m a newbie here!

haha… it sounds hilarious/bad, but i am into it at the moment. currently messing with a track on the porch, sipping some coffee, enjoying a pleasant fall morning after the kid went to school.

1 Like

If ok with @Sleepyhead I would say that would be fine.
In fact I was wondering where to grab a bass tone from myself, I was going to go through the selection to see if I could filter one out

1 Like

there are definitely some spots you could use with some heavy filtering/eq, but turning a chunk into an oscillator is probably easier. or just use the duck fart method.

1 Like

Come on, we got big mama double bass!

6 Likes

clearly i have not listened closely. thanks for the tip!

Haha, I’ve only listened to snippets of the other two samples I didn’t submit.
That’s that sorted then

It’s allowed of as far as I’m concerned! It’s part of sample mangling…

1 Like

Yo ! im in :smiley:

1 Like

Haven’t started chopping the breaks but just looping them up playing with some eq and shaping on them is so fun. I can’t believe I’ve never really done this with classic breaks before. Good call on using these @Sleepyhead!

3 Likes

Any limitations on what you can use sampler wise? multiple samplers?

Not sure I’ll have time but this looks like fun, even if I don’t get something done in time.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Nah man, use whatever you want… Apart from the SP 404 Mk2.

8 Likes

Yeah this is great. We didn’t want to just use the original samples though as def I was worried I’d sound like a shit attempt at trying to sound like tribe!

1 Like

Use em differently or get the track and find a diff part in a previously sampled track to sample. :+1:t6:

We’ve decided how it’s gonna work this time now mate with flipping different melodic samples with tribe acapellas. That was something we were thinking of doing though. Good idea for a future one for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Juss tryina help.

I can’t sample…for some reason…it just doesn’t make sense to me. And when I do I feel like I’m cheating or doing something wrong. I don’t get it. Those that do it well tho….tite! Tribe!

Oh adding…what I mean by wrong is not like illegal, but not correctly.

2 Likes