Elektronaughts recommended music

Patrick Watson

Or the whole Album : Wave

2 Likes

Merck Records was doing some great stuff back in the day. Proem, Proswell, Ilkae, Kettel, Secede, Landauā€¦ Actually Proswell just gave me some Renoise tips on the CPU Records Discord the other day. You could join the discord and find a treasure trove of music, if IDM, Electro, Acid, and Braindance are your thing.

ColorSquad has tons of great artists too!

Other standouts for me are James Shinra, Microlith, FLX, P1nkF1re, and Jerry La Flim.

2 Likes
1 Like

my iq dropped from your response also

This is one of the best track ever made :heart:

1 Like

And dont forget this gem

1 Like

I would highly recommend you to check out an :australia: label called Demon Tea Recordings if your not allready familiar with them. They had a BIG impact on me as a teenager. Very odd and freaky!

And i make shure to look up Antiscarp Records.
Epic Freestyle Psysounds & Dancefloor Pumping Beats since 2001

Antiscarp Records Bandcamp

1 Like

David August
Album : Dā€™Angelo

1 Like

Darkside (Nicolas Jaar, Dave Harrington)
Album : Psychic

2 Likes

Weval
Album : The Weight

And if you donā€™t already know it :

Trentemoller
Album : The Last Resort

1 Like

@Tchu some great tunes. Ive heard of trent moller I must check out moreā€¦

@GirTheRobot as much as like electronic music I do like a bit of piano music, being able to tell a whole story just with one instrument takes some skill and serious music theory knowledge

@Fleuw that squaremeat tune is pretty good man!

2 Likes

check out Arovane. that old school 90ā€™s electronic vibe. Lesser known but fits in with that afx, ae, proem type vibe

3 Likes

that sounds good will check it outā€¦
i just downloaded some squarepusher, modeselektor and boards of canada
from @AdamJay and @craig suggestions, i have a lot to go through and catch up on haha

3 Likes

If you like some piano music too Iā€™d recommend Jon Hopkins. I find it a really interesting mix of quite wonky beats and beautiful piano pieces.

His album Immunity was probably his ā€˜biggestā€™ album and is a good example of his work. Personally I prefer the album Insides or his most recent Singularity.

And check out Nils Frahm. Improvisational pianist that also does synthy stuff too. Album called Screws is absolutely beautiful (You is a stand out track for me) and his album Spaces too.

You might hate it but hey, thatā€™s the beauty of music right???

4 Likes

I discovered so many good artists here:

Bandcamp accounts and collections of fellow Elektronauts are another serious source of inspiration :slight_smile:

My only problem is that my family now calls my taste weird and the music I enjoy spooky at bestā€¦
I must choose carefully the moments when I put a record on.

Here are the most consensual albums I selected:

4 Likes

3 Likes
  • The Black Dog
  • The Fear Ratio
  • SFV Acid
  • COIL
  • Leggo Beast
  • Fila Brazillia
    [anything on Pork Records]
  • Boards of Canada
  • LFO
  • London Modular Alliance
  • Meat Beat Manifesto
  • Bola
  • Bionaut
  • Move D
  • B12
  • VHS Head
  • M//R
  • Blush Response
1 Like

1 Like

I love Proswell, huge influence on my formative years in electronic music. I had the honor of mastering a track of his for a recent Schematic comp.

1 Like

Mark Fell / SND- de/reconstructed dance music minimalism

1 Like