Elektronaughts recommended music

And dont forget this gem

1 Like

I would highly recommend you to check out an :australia: label called Demon Tea Recordings if your not allready familiar with them. They had a BIG impact on me as a teenager. Very odd and freaky!

And i make shure to look up Antiscarp Records.
Epic Freestyle Psysounds & Dancefloor Pumping Beats since 2001

Antiscarp Records Bandcamp

1 Like

David August
Album : Dā€™Angelo

1 Like

Darkside (Nicolas Jaar, Dave Harrington)
Album : Psychic

2 Likes

Weval
Album : The Weight

And if you donā€™t already know it :

Trentemoller
Album : The Last Resort

1 Like

@Tchu some great tunes. Ive heard of trent moller I must check out moreā€¦

@GirTheRobot as much as like electronic music I do like a bit of piano music, being able to tell a whole story just with one instrument takes some skill and serious music theory knowledge

@Fleuw that squaremeat tune is pretty good man!

2 Likes

check out Arovane. that old school 90ā€™s electronic vibe. Lesser known but fits in with that afx, ae, proem type vibe

3 Likes

that sounds good will check it outā€¦
i just downloaded some squarepusher, modeselektor and boards of canada
from @AdamJay and @craig suggestions, i have a lot to go through and catch up on haha

3 Likes

If you like some piano music too Iā€™d recommend Jon Hopkins. I find it a really interesting mix of quite wonky beats and beautiful piano pieces.

His album Immunity was probably his ā€˜biggestā€™ album and is a good example of his work. Personally I prefer the album Insides or his most recent Singularity.

And check out Nils Frahm. Improvisational pianist that also does synthy stuff too. Album called Screws is absolutely beautiful (You is a stand out track for me) and his album Spaces too.

You might hate it but hey, thatā€™s the beauty of music right???

4 Likes

I discovered so many good artists here:

Bandcamp accounts and collections of fellow Elektronauts are another serious source of inspiration :slight_smile:

My only problem is that my family now calls my taste weird and the music I enjoy spooky at bestā€¦
I must choose carefully the moments when I put a record on.

Here are the most consensual albums I selected:

4 Likes

3 Likes
  • The Black Dog
  • The Fear Ratio
  • SFV Acid
  • COIL
  • Leggo Beast
  • Fila Brazillia
    [anything on Pork Records]
  • Boards of Canada
  • LFO
  • London Modular Alliance
  • Meat Beat Manifesto
  • Bola
  • Bionaut
  • Move D
  • B12
  • VHS Head
  • M//R
  • Blush Response
1 Like

1 Like

I love Proswell, huge influence on my formative years in electronic music. I had the honor of mastering a track of his for a recent Schematic comp.

1 Like

Mark Fell / SND- de/reconstructed dance music minimalism

1 Like